Amazon: Penny Wise & Pound Foolish?

I thought this was a little odd: thanks to someone here, I found out that Amazon had lowered the price on the Dewalt Planer I bought a couple of weeks ago by about $50. I emailed Amazon, and they cheerfully credited me for the difference between what I paid and the new, lower price.

Today, I got an email about a drill press vise I had ordered. The price has changed and they want me to approve the new, higher price before they send it.

The old price: $27.95.

The new price: $27.97.

They apologized for any disappointment or inconvenience that change may have caused.

Reply to
Hank Gillette

Tell them they have a deal if they're willing to throw in a book of matches. Thought I'd throw in my $.02 (that should cover the difference, problem solved)

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

I would hate to be a tool retailer trying to compete with Amazon. I have been shopping for a sliding compound miter saw. Noone seems to come close to Amazon's prices.

Santa came early and the new Bosch SCMS is sitting in the spare bedroom, just waiting for Christmas day. I wonder if the family would be offended if I played with my new toy during Christmas dinner. Dick Durbin

Reply to
Olebiker

Use it to carve the turkey. Problem solved.

Clint

Reply to
Clint

Santa let me set my 4412 up two days ago. You will not be disappointed.

take care, Russ

Reply to
Daddyman

I would send them a note, and tell them you would be happy to split the difference in the raised price.

Reply to
ddinc

All machine generated/read...no brains behind it at all...and your first response will be machine generated as well.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

quite few times my retailer has about the same or lower prices then Amazon and no shipping or waiting and great customer service and repairs.

Reply to
Steve Knight

If you're having pork loin, it should be mandatory. :)

Congrats, Michael Baglio

Reply to
Michael Baglio

Including tax?