Aftermarket lasers???

Has anyone added an after market laser to their miter saws? If so, can you share URL's, stores, , brands, etc.? Thanks.

Geo

Reply to
Geo

I know it's not quite what you asked, but maybe this will generate some discussion anyway. . .

I saw several different types demonstrated at the woodworking show in Atlanta last year. I was totally underwelmed. Some looked gimmicky and prone to misalignment. Others looked gimmicky and prone to malfunction. All looked like the line was too fuzzy and indistinct at the edge to me. Maybe they'd be good for carpentry level of accuracy, but they just didn't seem to make the grade for woodworking.

DonkeyHody "I'd rather expect the best of people and be wrong than expect the worst and be right."

Reply to
DonkeyHody

Yes I did

No, because it was a piece of junk. The first battery didnt last five minutes. It wont stay allinged. The slightest bump will knock it out of alignment.

It's one of those that I bought at The Woodworking Shows. It mounts on to the blade guard. A total waste of money.

Darrell

Reply to
Darrell Dorsey

I have added a laser from Avenger to my Bosch miter saw. I purchased it from Rockler. Go to the Rockler website and type laser in the search box and you will find it. You can also read about it at

The laser comes on when the saw blade is above 500rpm so you have to start up the saw to check for laser alignment. That hasn't bothered me but YMMV. The laser comes with 2 sets of spare batteries and some longer arbor bolts should you need them (I didn't).

Reply to
Dick Snyder

I got an Avenger for my RAS. It's spot on and makes verifying alignment very fast and easy. I know you don't have to deal with that with the miter saw but I think it's the same(similar) product for both. Batteries also last a while because as the previous poster said it only comes on when the blade is turning. Got it from Amazon.