A table saw on CL

Well if you follow the map might be in the southern Atlantic.

Markem

Walker-Turner stuff was pretty good; I have an early-50s during the Rockwell transition HD shaper, but unless you're interested in nostalgia and antique collectables, that-there particular tool is to be left...$50 to take off their hands be about right! :)

Reply to
dpb

Pick up only. Must have boat.

Reply to
Hawk

That stand looks pretty good. ;-)

Reply to
isten

I once stopped at a garage sale that had a small (4"?) jointer that looked very much like that TS, condition-wise. $15, including the stand.

The devil on my right shoulder had me reaching for my wallet until the angel on my left smacked him to the ground and stomped the crap out of him.

Refurbishing the machine would probably have been another project that would never get done.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

But a boat anchor for $15 is a good deal!

Reply to
Leon

"Look Honey. I bought an anchor. Let's go shop for a boat."

Uh..yeah..like that would've worked.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You do not need to buy a boat, paint it silver and put it in the living room for a nautical theme!

Reply to
Leon

le-saw/7141637759.html

Looking at that picture, I don't see any reason to buy that saw. Unless yo u are building a 1930s replica wood shop. I'm not saying its a bad, evil, awful, horrible, terrible saw. No. It might be a great saw. Good metal. Good bearings. Etc. But machines have progressed quite a bit since then. If you want a table saw, look around on Craigs List a bit more and find s ome cheap table top saw for sale for cheap. They are out there. Not sayin g this will be a high end saw. No. But it will work as well or better tha n that old saw, even after the old saw is restored. Whatever that means.

Reply to
ritzannaseaton