A Sample Desultory Phillipic - Was: Oops!, Did I Do That?

lim·er·ick ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lmr-k) n. A light humorous, nonsensical, or bawdy verse of five anapestic lines usually with the rhyme scheme: A A B B A .

Reply to
Caractacus Potts

I know a limerick is \ five lines, but I penned this instead. You'll get over it...

dave

Caractacus Potts wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

On 18 Nov 2003, Bay Area Dingleberry sniffled unto rec.woodworking:

Did I mention that I give a rat's ass?

The poetry is marginal, but I can't argue with the voice of experience. Hardly what we're accustomed to, coming from you, but I'll concede your expertise in this particular matter. I would have said "bow to your expertise," but under the circumstances, bending at the waist seems ill-advised.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Cramer

:) Let's not get all mushy, or I might lose my breakfast.

Neither poetry or story-telling is my forte. 'Twas a struggle of immense proportions to come up with that little ditty. Someone pointed out that it should have been 5 lines. Like I didn't KNOW that? 'Course I did. I was employing a little poetic license...

dave

Scott Cramer wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

As B.A.D.'s fantasy for Scott Cramer grows From his keyboard a pentalinear love sonnet flows At the thought of Scott's dumper Dave pulled out his thumper Got sidetracked and couldn't finish his prose

Reply to
Caractacus Potts

CP,

Ok, you got a chuckle from me with that one...

Who is the mysterious Potts He posts here not a lot But when he does He creates such a buzz When he watches Scott squat

dave

Caractacus Potts wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

A Troll named Bay Area Dave Was reportedly raised in a cave

What poems that he knew From the time he was two

Ended up with the line Burma Shave

Regards, Tom Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania

Tom Watson

Now THAT is freaky. Seriously. I was thinking about ending one of the limericks today with "Burma Shave". I'd say "great minds think alike", but that would leave me open to your sarcastic wit. But I AM serious about the Burma Shave thing. Don't do this anymore. It's scary.

dave

Tom Wats> >

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

There once was a man named BAD whose postings were boring and sad after awhile thanks to my killfile I forgot all about that gonad

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

Sorry, Frank, you don't quite have the gift.

dave

Frank Ketchum wrote: snip

Reply to
Bay Area Dave