A portable rack for air nailers.

I built this as a 'form-follows-function' device.

I am very happy with the results.

Easy to build.

Robatoy

ever here the term, nice rack? ross

Reply to
Ross Hebeisen

I married one.

Reply to
Robatoy

Sun, Dec 30, 2007, 6:13pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Robatoy) did posteth verily: I built this as a 'form-follows-function' device. I am very happy with the results. Easy to build.

Got plans?

JOAT If you can read this you're in range.

Reply to
J T

Nice design. I might steal it. Are you open to a couple of suggestions?

  1. Put a strip across the front to keep the tools from wandering out.
  2. Put caps on the quick disconnects to keep the crud out. Art
Reply to
Artemus

Well, hell, yes. Always.

They don't, but it could help.

YES, good plan. That is problem. I guess some plugs might work.

Reply to
Robatoy

I TRIED to resist.

Yes I have plans.

Plans to turn up my electric blanket one notch. Plans for new tires for my S4 Plans for a new lamp for my TV Plans for a new roof. Plans to get my 20-year old girlfriend an new alibi. Plans to have her husband shipped off to the Arctic. Plans to win a million. A LOT of plans.

You?

Reply to
Robatoy

thing so portable.

What kind of wood? How did you join the dividers and ends to the back and bottom?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Reply to
Larry W

Much more important in my opinion, where is the drawer, latched box, or other means of carrying nail strips?

Reply to
DanG

Robatoy wrote in news:bdc49f9a-4689-45e0-b6f3- snipped-for-privacy@1g2000hsl.googlegroups.com:

solution. Thanks

Reply to
Hank

That's paintable maple plywood with edgebanding tape. The bottom of the sides are glued on with biscuits. All the rest, pre-drilled with a tapered bit and #8 x 2" low-root PB screws. The whole things sits on rubber feet and there's a regulator and splitter manifold on the back.

Reply to
Robatoy

This kit goes from 16 ga via 18 ga down to 23 ga and two sizes of staples in between. The round-headed stapler is manual..(for under- cabinet lighting wires etc.

If I need a framing/roofing nailer..I hire a guy with one. *S*

Reply to
Robatoy

They're in another box... a heavy box. With a shoulder strap.

Pan cake in one hand, gun rack in the other, a nail box on one shoulder and a hernia in the middle..LOL

Reply to
Robatoy

Mon, Dec 31, 2007, 10:46am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Robatoy) doth sayeth: They're in another box... a heavy box. With a shoulder strap. Pan cake in one hand, gun rack in the other, a nail box on one shoulder and a hernia in the middle..LOL

Gods above, you need to get one of those big red wagons to haul all that stufff. That or higher some local football teens to carry it for you.

you can read this you're in range.

Reply to
J T

My pleasure. As I use this in the field, I see more and more of them show up on other websites

Reply to
Robatoy

Sun, Dec 30, 2007, 6:13pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Robatoy) doth show us his new toy: I built this as a 'form-follows-function' device. I am very happy with the results. Easy to build.

Seriously, it is purty. Looks yellow. LOL But have you thought about putting whels on the front? Wouldn't add much weight, and then you could just tip it forward and pull it, especially when you're tired. Maybe add a handle, like those golf caddy thingies. And, it'll still be light enough to lift and carry if need be. Never carry anything you can put wheels on.

JOAT If you can read this you're in range.

Reply to
J T

The guns would fall out. What if I put the wheels on the back?

Reply to
Robatoy

Rob,

Ping me back off list, lost your legit e-mail

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Tue, Jan 1, 2008, 8:31pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Robatoy) doth sayeth: The guns would fall out. What if I put the wheels on the back?

No, no, no. You're calling the front the back. Sigh. The things I have to put up with. OK, OK, if it'll make you happy - the wheels on the back. If you go across soft ground much, might want to think go-kart wheels & slicks, garden tractor or wheelbarrow wheels & tires. .