Toronto Woodworking Machinery Show.

One way to spend a day.

A lot of new materials for kitchen cabinets.Solid acrylic doors were a big hit. Some gorgeous laminates.

Most of you have seen this system. I decided to pay attention this time. Pretty cool.

friend of mine has outgrown his 5 foot slider (my old one). Has pretty much settled on this little fella.
usual, the Festool gang was doing weird things. *S* Try THAT with your Bosch.

Robatoy

kidding!

Reply to
Leon

I'm not sure it's an SCM.

Beats any of your Jet/Powermatic/Unisaurs/General etc. underpowered and inaccurate 10 inchers.

I want one too, if only just to show up my brother.

Luigi

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

The really sweet feature is the motorized fence. It ever-so gently touches the edge of the sawblade and set itself to zero. Then you get to program as many settings and combinations of settings as you please. You get to save those on a memory stick.

Because it doesn't matter what bit, feedrate, rpm you use on a CNC, you will never be able to cut cabinet parts out of PB as cleanly as you can with a saw like that. Even a CNC with an aggregate head with a saw blade can't do it as cleanly as that. We tested it. Challenged the Thermwood CNC guys, but no cigar. Having said that, if you have 2000 kitchens to do that week, the CNC will blow the doors off a slider hands down. Most of those guys don't care how thick the edgebanding glue goes on, filling all the fuzzies that a CNC bit leaves behind. And veneered PB? Like Oak? The saw, hands down.

Reply to
Robatoy