A good vendor

Folks -

I don't know how many of you have heard of Enco Supply (

) But I ordered a bunch of drill bits from them - easy to use website and a good catalog... The prices were very good too...

Anyway, I placed my order online on Wednesday evening, got *immediate* confirmation, (everything was spot on 46868151) and got the shipment today, via UPS ground. I was very pleasantly surprised at the speed of service.

No affiliation, other than being a satisfied, and soon, repeat customer.

John Moorhead

Reply to
John Moorhead

Haven't used Enco since they closed their retail stores; I used to go to the one south of DFW airport. Their layout and measurement tools were well-priced and affordable for woodworking applications -- probably don't hold to the best tolerances for machinists, but plenty good for woodworking and more precise than dedicated woodworking tools. Got my planer setup tool and a circle jig from them. I did get my Brown & Sharpe caliper from them, so they also carry (carried) some high-end stuff also.

I'll have to check out the on-line store. Thanks for the link.

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ A wheelbarrow! Why didn't you say we had a wheelbarrow; you should have included that in our list of assets! Westley -- Princess Bride +------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Thanks. I need some place else to spend money. Seriously, it's great you posted this. Good service should be rewarded & it's nice to have alternatives.

Reply to
Jim

Search 'Enco' on rec.crafts.metalworking. They are currently owned by MSC industrial supply and many items are common to both vendors. There are many more metalworking products than woodworking products. Both put out a monthly sales flyer, Enco's is online in *.pdf format, MSC's isn't, as far as I know. Usually, but not always, the prices for the same items in the Enco sales flyer are 5-10 percent lower than those in the MSC flyer. On the other hand, an MSC order placed before 4:00 PM normally is delivered the next day for when that is important. Both offer imported items as well as corresponding Made-in-USA items, differing in quality and priced accordingly. Some of the import items can be had from Harbor Freight for considerably less than Enco's prices.

David Merrill

Reply to
David Merrill