A Brief Respite From Our "Self" Obsession

I'm gotta wondering something here about now.

Why are some saw blades covered in Teflon?

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Because some aren't.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Oh, no, no, no! It's so your food won't stick.

Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

Hey, I have one of them, a Freud. Only reason I can think of is they look pretty and they can brag about its advantages to anyone that does not know about how saw teeth are set. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

Same reason there are variable speed routers, so's you can use them in the kitchen too.

--

Reply to
Pounds on Wood

Probably keeps gum and tar and whatnot from building up on the faces of the blade.

Reply to
J. Clarke

to keep the eggs from sticking.

sheesh. everybody knows that.

Reply to
bridger

On Sat, 08 May 2004 21:16:00 GMT, "Lawrence L'Hote" brought forth from the murky depths:

Y'all beed resawin' yer beans again, L'Hote?

-- Save the Endangered ROAD NARROWS! -|-

Ban SUVs today! -|- Full Service Websites

Reply to
Larry Jaques

To keep BAD insults from sticking. j4

Reply to
jo4hn

I always wondered how something that covers the part of the blade that dosen't touch wood actually did anything.

The red finish is attractive, though!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

I've seen the advantages of a variable speed router, totally different concept.

Talk to me when you have some 3" bits.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

If your fence is a 1/4" closer to the front of the blade than the back, it might come in handy.

Preston

Reply to
Preston Andreas

Because the slight increase in perceived value drops right to the bottom line baby...

Lou

Reply to
loutent

because it keeps them looking shiny in the packaging and they get less pre-sale returns that way. But then, I can be cynical.

Reply to
Greg Millen

cynical? that's soft pedaling it!! how about a world class JERK?? (and a pathological liar)

dave

Greg Millen wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Folks, unfortunately BAD the troll has carried this from another thread where I called him on some slanderous comments he made, he seems to be making a habit of this, as he has done it before with rec.photo.digital threads.

I invited him to provide a link to prove his comments and he refused to do so, claiming he was "too lazy to pull up all your nonsense of (sic) Google".

This is how he justifies lies and slander. Reference is here for the slander

and here
for the lies. Note that when caught in the lie his response was "so sue me".

BAD, I invite you again to go back to the other thread and substantiate your insinuation that I am likely to be involved in flame wars (with people other than yourself and the other obvious trolls). Again, for a preponderance of proof you will need to find a number of them to show a habitual pattern. To help you along, look at *your* posting history to get an idea of what I mean.

I maintain - with proof and references - you are a liar, a slanderer and a troll. You have yet to substantiate any of your claims which makes you look pretty 'bad'.

You have called me a pathological liar. Once again, please provide references to back up your claims. Because if you don't, you further strengthen my assertion that *you* are the liar and slanderer.

I'll repeat myself from the previous thread:

"Put up or shut up", but I know you won't do either, you can't. You don't have the facts to support the former or the balls to achieve the latter."

Reply to
Greg Millen

Reply to
larry in cinci

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Easier to clean.

Reply to
Leon

You really are a very good troll , I'll give you that.

You started the baiting in this thread and leave by saying that *I* am baiting *you*.

You also escape presenting any facts that may justify your baiting, lying, trolling and slanderous behaviour.

It would be the stuff of legend were it not so blatantly obvious to anyone reading the last four posts, you cowardly little troll.

Reply to
Greg Millen