About Hot Hide Glue

I've just finished glueing that trash(ed) chair back together I mentioned here several months ago and it's still clamped. I thought I would expand my glue horizon and try my hand at hot hide glue. I've read _The Glue Book_ [William Young], the instructions that came with the glue and perused several hot glue websites. It seems that there is no firm guide lines about the dry glue to water ratio other than eye ball. One instruction is when the glue is up to temperature (ca.145-150 deg) it should run off your stir stick 'like thick cream." and add water or glue as needed. So far I've found that the glue is very forgiving as far as clean up and application with no problem cooling too quick before I clamp. Maybe my memory is lacking, but I've no recall of anyone, here on the wreck, discussing the stuff. Just one suggestion, a pound of glue goes a looooooooong way. I purchased 3 lbs and should have just enough to last until the end of the century.

Larry

Lawrence L'Hote

mike