Correct glue for DPM?

I used some excess DPM instead of proper tile felt under the tiles of the roof of my shed when I built it (well - its only a brick-built shed...)

The damn (no that should be *&>$£"!) squirrels which live around here have managed to get into the roof space and have gnawed several holes in this DPM, with the result that the shed is no longer "dust proof" from the crud which blows in under the tiles.

So, what would be the correct kind of glue to use to glue DPM patches over the holes?

I reckon its a polythene DPM - its a blue "plastic" - but I've never come across a polythene glue...

Reply to
Paul King

You could try silicone.

Polythene is an olefin, and they are buggers to glue. Contact adhesive may work - solvent/rubber stuff like teh old evostik.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You can get wide (3-4 inch) pvc adhesive tape

Reply to
Newshound

You can glue polythene, but not easily. I think you etch/oxidise it with chromic acid (not nice) and then it will take a glue. Not recommended DIY though. Maybe some sticky tape, Duck tape ?

Reply to
Ian Middleton

Hi,

Good quality aluminium tape will do it.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Cheers!

Care to mention a make/manufacturer?

Reply to
Paul King

As long as it's not the cheapest unbranded stuff you should be OK.

If you don't need a 50m roll I've found Sellotape do a good quality version, might be available from Halfords or even 'Woolies'

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C