Dry verge and drip felt quote

I have had a quote to do the following: install plastic Dry verg caps on the 2 x gable ends, each end say 40 feet (12 meters) Total 24 metres. Drip felt for overhang in to guttering. Approx total 60 feet (18 metres)

Been quoted £300. Good price or not? Anything to look out for if/when they do the work.

Reply to
ss

Last time I looked (which was some time ago to be fair), dry verge and ridge kits were fairly pricey. So that sounds like a decent price.

Reply to
John Rumm

Have since googled.

Difficult to work out the cost of materials as there is so many variables but I reckon around £265 thats without a trade discount.

I doubt if they will spend more than 3 hours if that on the job.

Reply to
ss

If the verge can be fitted over whatever is already there, then its reasonably quick once you have access (although slow if you have to do it from a ladder). The felt drip can be a PITA to do well though, since it can mean lifting the first row of tiles (which might be nailed on) and at least the first roof batten to get it under the existing felt etc. (unless they have some form of repair kit that's designed to just slot in under the edge of the tiles.

Reply to
John Rumm

That price may include to cost of scaffolding as well.

Reply to
BobH

That seems a bit optimistic! That price might *be* the price of just the scaffolding.

Reply to
John Rumm

For concrete interlocking roof tiles, the first batten will be far enough up that you don't need to remove it.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Surprisingly considering all the places that have them, I don't think I have ever done any work on a roof with interlocking tiles...

Reply to
John Rumm

Then they may find rotted timbers to be replaced.

Reply to
critcher

They may *find* rotten timbers but probably won't be replacing them at that price! (Time rather than material cost).

Reply to
newshound