Undoing hide glue

I want to unglue an old chair, which is partly loose, so I can glue it up again properly. I presume it's held together with hide glue and that I need to steam it apart. Is the best way to do this to use a jet of steam from, for example, a wallpaper stripper or is it better to use hot wet cloths wrapped around the joints. or is there another way?

I have a hide glue pot for putting it back together with.

thanks

Robert

Reply to
Robert

A steam iron through a wet towel should do the trick.

Reply to
BigWallop