Subject Author Posted Replies

Wide Belt vs Dual Drum sander - Steel City
I need to replace my current sander and are looking at these two offerings by Steel City. The DD sander looks like many others on the market while the wide-belt unit appears to be in a class of it's...
11
11

Bosch 4410 SCMS
I need to replace my current saw ( Makita 1013). I was going to just buy a new 1013 as it has proven to be a great saw, however, after a bit of research the Bosch 4410 appears to be a contender. Some...
2
2

Cabinet or contractor style
Have a low end Delta TS. Other then it's underpowered, has done ok. Out of the box it was right. Need mo' power. Looked at Griz 444Z, and for $150/200 could get a hybrid. A bit more, a cabinet saw....
5
5

Tablesaw mobility question
My wife is keen on me getting a Saw Stop table saw because of the safety side of things. But she wants me to wait until they have a contractor's saw available (I believe it is out now, but we still...
17
17

First part of kitchen countertop replacement complete
Finished the first section of the kitchen countertop replacement project:
13
13

Drill a tapered hole
I need to drill a tapered hole in a wood round. 10" deep, 2 degree taper, small end 2.2". I can do it in my metal working lathe by using the compound rest but the travel is too short. I would have to...
5
5

REVIEW - Drill Doctor 750X Drill Bit Sharpener - www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Hi all, have just finished a review of the Drill Doctor 750X Drill Bit Sharpener. You can read the review at Hope it helps! Circular Saw Buyer's Guide Buyer's Guide When most people think of power...
1
1

resin and turning heart pine
I am building a trestle table out of reclaimed heart pine. The wood for the turned legs has a lot of resin in it - enough that it oozes out on the spur when I chuck the wood up in the lathe and...
1
1

Leigh D4R VRS
I finally got my back ordered VRS, and have to say that it works very well. I did four sets (16 corners) of through dovetails today on a statue stand, and the VRS got about 95% of the junk. NONE of...
3
3

Free Forum for FEMALES
A forum dedicated to female where you can find each and everything about female, some topics covers in this forum are: - Fashion and Lifestyle - Beauty and Care - Body Care - Makeup Discussion - Hair...

My new cyclone separator lid design
I've been working on this for some time: A cyclone separator lid that approaches true cyclones in separation efficiency and is scrub-proof. We've moved!
8
8

OT: Where can I get flexible arm/gooseneck
I'm looking for plastic interlocking bead style flexible arm stuff, like this: from someplace like an industrial supply catalog with several options for the mounts at each end. I can find various...
2
2

Need suggestion for type of hinge to use
I am designing and building a mission style book case with doors that have glass panels. I saw it in an old Restoration Hardware catalog. I really like the design but I am having trouble finding...
3
3

Lee Valley's Squirrel Tale Palm Planes Are SO Cute!
There are Impulse Buy tools that you just can't pass up. You've probably seen Lee Valley's special deal on a pair of "squirrel tail palm planes" - a flat and a double curves. Buy the set of "only" $62...

K&D Enterprises in Woodbridge, VA-- Best Avoided...
I've been wanting to post this for some time. A couple of years back I had problems with my Delta table saw after only a few uses. The motor crapped out. It was within warranty, so I looked up a...