Subject Author Posted Replies

FS: Excalibur over-head arm guard
I have a new Excalibur over-head arm guard (still in the box) that I can't use and am going to put it on Craig's list if nobody here wants it first. I just thought I'd give you guys first crack if...

Bird's Eye Maple spoons
Hi, I made a wooden spoon for my wife from some scrap cherry and everybody wants one. That's fine, and they ship better than nightstands so it's great for the relatives a thousand miles away. The...
10
10

America's Best Home Workshops, 2007 WANTED
Looking for a copy of last year's Wood Magazine supplemental publication - "America's Best Home Workshops, 2007". This years 2008 version just came out, but need a copy of last years. Anyone help?...

Drilling holes in cast-iron table saw extension
I just got two nice new solid-surface cast-iron table saw extensions to replace the webbed ones that came with my old Craftsman table saw. The old webbed extensions had holes on either end but the new...
10
10

OT The Non Oil Crisis
ok, lately I've been running into some interesting Reports and Video. I'm not sure how true these are or if they might be in the classification of Conspiracy Theory's. But the PDF report was generated...
42
42

Preventing toy box lid from slamming shut
There must be a simple device that allows a lid to close slowly rather than to slam of fingers. The lid(s) weigh maybe 10 pounds but can really cause an injured finger. ( The lid is much too light for...
23
23

Gun Cabinet
I am building a gun cabinet and I have a couple questions. The method, I want to use, to display my hand guns, is to have rods or dowels that I could slide the barrel of the hand gun onto, suspending...
33
33

Control Panel Project
I've decided to use 3/4" thick oak/maple boards, and connect them lengthwise at 80/100 degrees. The Groove/Rabbet will of course be at the same angle, as well as the triangular piece I'll use epoxy...
26
26

Using a router table as a jointer
Hello everyone, I have a Bosch tabletop router table and have been trying for days to set it up to edge-joint 3/4 stock for edge gluing. No matter what I do the piece comes out sort of...
9
9

using a router/table a jointer
Hello everyone, I have a Bosch tabletop router table and have been trying for days to set it up to edge-joint 3/4 stock for edge gluing. No matter what I do the piece comes out sort of...
3
3

Disc sander question
Hi guys, Does anyone know how to remove disc sander's aluminum disc from the motor spindle? Disc sander model is Shop Fox W1708 1 HP 12", though I think the procedure should be similar for the...
5
5

"friction" and high pitched noise from zero clearance insert
I recently bought one of the Rockler phenolic resin zero clearance inserts. ()I cut the slot by raising my sawblade through the insert as per the instructions (and in fact moved it all the wa up and...
7
7

ON Topic: A WWing Question For The Wreck
OK, I've done DAGS, research, asked around and still don't have an answer, so .. Problem ------- I have a storage area under a basement stairwell (enclosed) in which I wish to build wine storage. It...
11
11

Adirondack Chairs
Adirondack Chair Super Sale Hundreds of Adirondack chairs in over a dozen wood types and styles. Cedar Adirondack Chair Gift We manufacture quality cedar outdoor furniture including our original...

Completed Rockwell Belt/Disk sander restore w/pics
Hello everyone, Tonight I finished the restoration of my 1970 Rockwell Belt/Disk Sander. Here is what I started with, tore down the sander to every last nut and bolt, cleaned it up and repainted it. I...
3
3