Subject Author Posted Replies

shaded pole maybe
rescued a fan and applied a small amount of tlc but it has slowstartupitis once it gets going it is fine and is quiet and moves air it has little to no torque and is not designed to have much but at...
1
1

Battery operated compressor
Saw this in a fathers day article For about $300. The 60V MAX* FLEXVOLT 2.5 Gallon Cordless Air Compressor offers all of the convenience and portability of cordless, and lets you continue using the...
22
22

Face Shield on Amazon on sale
I've used this full-face shield for over a year. It's my go-to shield and I just bought two more. Amazon is showing it as $22.82. Even if you have to buy several to get free shipping, it's worth it! I...
15
15

Pretty Cool Power Poles - Laminated Wood
I was traveling on the NYS Thruway (I-90) in western NY this afternoon. They've turned one of the old Erie Canal locks (52) into a rest stop of sorts. More like an historical park, with an audio tour...
19
19

Expanding Spade Bit?
I need to make 8 rather large holes, about 3-3.5" in pool steps that have already been installed. They're 2x12 pressure treated boards. The instructions for the solar lights suggest using a hole saw,...
8
8

keep it under pressure or leave it empty
what is the best way for a compressor leave it under pressure or leave it empty keeping it under pressure might make for more condensate as there is more air which means more water and also more...
5
5

the power of iteration
myself included sometimes misses the power of the iterative process by that i mean and refer to making and selling things and improving on past designs and past mistakes and making the quality go up i...
3
3

Trash or Treasure ?
Trash or Treasure ?
16
16

Gluing cedar for outdoor furniture
I thought I would use your basic Titebond for this project, maybe coat the joints (mostly mortise and tenons) with acetone. But I read where other glues are preferable. What's the verdict? Thanks,...
8
8

Slightly OT: Draining Portable Air Compressors - Are We Just Kiddng Ourselves?
I have a pancake style PC air compressor. The drain valve is partly up the side so that the unit has to be tipped - and balanced on one leg - in order to drain it. There is no way that all of the...
56
56

why cnc
nice trailers would not be possible to make those without cnc and be profitable https://lagunatools.com/customer-stories/craft-laguna-smartshop/

pipe pipe clamp rack
not just for pipe clamps he puts end caps on the pipe to protect the threads from something but to me it is somehwat of a fail over engineered and it is not made of wood a few scraps and the same...
13
13

timelapse clt construction of high rise
my favorite is the start of the fourth floor install is five to ten minutes per glulam column floors are little over half a foot thick www.naturallywood.com Brock Commons is an 18-storey hybrid mass...

laguna and supermax join forces
not sure i had heard of supermax but it looks like high quality stuff so a good match up with laguna and vice versa anyone own supermax tools the drum sanders look good dust collector looks good allso

OK, Tried the EMT for fitment in Pipe clamps.
Went out to the garage, located some EMT pieces and tried fitting it to the tail stock pieces of the clamps. It was not snug enough to allow the clamp to bite into the EMT. It would slip. Now if you...
2
2