4" Jointer

Take a look at Jointer Pal. It's a brand of magnetic knife holder. I have one and it works fine on my 8" Griz. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

---------------------- Worked for me.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I've got a similar one, here

are no markings on the motor I have, and I doubt it's the original (although it could be). The owner manual specifies a 1/3 to

1/2 HP motor with a 4" pulley so that the cutting head is running at 3500 rpm.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Dave Balderstone wrote in news:220620101856473686%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca:

Thanks for the info, Dave. One of these days I'll get a belt and try it out. A 4" pulley might be a crucial piece of information.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

------------------------------------- "Puckdr> Thanks for the info, Dave. One of these days I'll get a belt and > try it

------------------------------- The motor will have a standard 5/8" shaft, thus a std 4" pot metal sheave (Congress) will work nicely.

The same can't be said for the jointer.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Indeed. I can measure the pulley on mine if desired. I also have a PDF of the manual, Puckdropper.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Dave Balderstone wrote in news:220620102327499433%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca:

I may request a copy of the manual later, but don't think I'll need it right off. Once I get it running, I may have more questions.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 10:18:58 -0500, -MIKE- wrote the following:

No, that was a thinko. He misthunk, just as if he'd put "there coats" instead of "their coats". The more people see it uncorrected, the more people do it.

It's both. ;) Grey iron is malleable whereas cast isn't. Both are cast, though. Liken it to iron vs. steel. They work and machine entirely differently.

of mind is that mental condition in which you have accepted the worst. -- Lin Yutang

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You don't want to get into a grammar war with me, I assure you. :-) Aren't you the guy who got into it with me over "none is" vs "none are?" Maybe it was someone else.

I was honestly asking about the difference.

I'm not questioning the veracity of that particular wiki page, however, one must be careful when providing Wikipedia is a source. You own quote applies, "The more people see it uncorrected, the more people (believe it)."

Reply to
-MIKE-

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 10:45:08 -0500, -MIKE- wrote the following:

Guilty as charged. ;)

Wasn't I answering your questions with those links, Mike? That was the intent.

Incorrect data on Wiki is usually corrected fairly quickly.

-- Peace of mind is that mental condition in which you have accepted the worst. -- Lin Yutang

Reply to
Larry Jaques

How did you live with the Shame?!

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 22:30:15 -0700, "Lobby Dosser" wrote the following:

Damn your eyes, Lobby Dosser! (wiping up monitor and keyboard)

-- Peace of mind is that mental condition in which you have accepted the worst. -- Lin Yutang

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yes. I tried and failed to make that clear. Sorry.

I think we're on the same page. I was simply showing it as a modern comparison to the saying you used. When wiki first came out, I spent so much time correcting bad information that I got burned out on it. I'll say it's come a long way and is kind of like webMD, I'd use it for curiosity, but when I start crapping blood, I'm going to the doctor. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-