Trying to date delta bandsaw

Have looked at the OWWM page

the only thing close is 1965 No.DG-1010 DK-5917 (With DG in it) The tag does say Rockwell on it.

My cat.# is 28-290 and the serial # is DG-9965 Called Delta, they are sending a manual for that model # but she said the serial # meant 1999,6th. month,5th. day. This saw, to me at least, looks like it has to be older than 1999. It looks a lot like this one, and the stand as well,at the OWWM site, And has that style belt guard. Also the same old fashion looking knobs, like old sink faucet knobs. Says this one is from 1967

don't have a way to take digital pictures.

This is copied from the site,

1964 No.DB-5001 ****DG-1009 1965 No.DG-1010 DK-5917**** 1966 No.DK-5918 DO-4783 1967 No.DO-4784 DS-9452 1968 No.DS-9453 EF-9399 But I don't quite understand? Any Ideas? Thanks, Tony
Reply to
ANTHONY DIODATI

If you're dating, it's a good thing to know her birthday. Flowers and candy, minimum.

I, on the other hand, preferred to just use mine for my own purposes. Maybe a new blade at Christmas or May day even if the other is still good.

The people on the help line at the "new" Dw/elta aren't going to be tool aficionados. Go with the pictures, everybody else will.

Reply to
George

She is wrong. Rockwell badging was gone by the mid eighties. A 1999 saw would have had a serial number that starts with the year ( 99) then a letter to denote the month, (A=Jan, B=Feb, etc.) then additional numbers that could lead you to the week, day, hour off the assembly line and the names of the crew members if you had access to the computer.

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

That's funny,I thought of that as soon as I wrote it like that, I was going to say "trying to date delta band saw",(Well not go out with the saw)...............LOL

They were real nice at Delta,no charge for the manual and all, Maybe that DG-9965 = 99 th. year, 6th. month, 5th. day is how they do it today,but like I said it looks too old fashioned to be from 1999. Sorry, no digital camera yet. That's why I sent the OWWM link, It looks a LOT like that, The stand too. Thanks Tony

Reply to
ANTHONY DIODATI

Thanks,

Actually my **stand** looks like the one here,

I don't have the decals like that. The **saw it self** looks more like this one here(well the stand too) Interesting too, the decimal equivalent sticker is on mine too (bottom picture)
looks like this one too (My Badge is like this one)
Thanks,Tony

Reply to
ANTHONY DIODATI

that apply to that piece of equipment.

Mike

Reply to
The Davenport's

Was told it was from 1965 Thanks, Tony

Reply to
ANTHONY DIODATI

That's certainly in the ballpark. Have an old Rockwell catalog from that era could look in, but you're certainly close enough.

The Rockwell era was from '48 thru '81 for future reference. Might have been a year or so later that the last of the labels appeared on existing stock, I don't know how agressive they were in ridding inventory, etc., of them.

Reply to
dpb

Thanks dpb Yea check it out if you feel like it A fellow at another site sent me this link to the 1965 manual from OWWM, and it looks just like it.

one have any pictures of a home made blade guard for the left side(as your facing it) as mine is missing.

Reply to
ANTHONY DIODATI

And why would you want to date a bandsaw? I wasn't aware that a bandsaw could dance! LOL Brian

Reply to
Brian

It's on 4 casters, I just have to lead............. Tony

Reply to
ANTHONY DIODATI