Delta bandsaw

Which would be good for sawing carving blanks, Model BS220LS for $297.00 or

28-276 for $399.00 at Lowes? Thanks for any information.
Reply to
Jim

Were I in the market today for a 14" bandsaw, I would try hard to find a used Delta 28-299.

FWIW ...

Reply to
Swingman

I don't know much about carving blanks. Do you have plans to do other work in the future?

The 14" saw is the most popular. It can be fitted with a riser block for better height if desired at some point. Like you, I set out to buy an inexpensive 12" saw. I brought home a 14" Jet and never regretted the decision. It is probably the last bandsaw I'll ever need but I'd always be thinking about upgrading from the 12".

If you drop out of woodworking altogether at some point, thee is a better market for the 1`4" models as well. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

Thanks for the information as I went and purchased a Delta 14" bandsaw.

Reply to
Jim

Reply to
Phisherman