Subject Author Posted Replies

Antique Furniture | Antiques and Collectibles
Antique Furniture, Vintage Furniture, French Antique Furniture, Antiques and Collectibles directly imported to Antiques on Old Plank Road, Chicago, Illinois. For more details, please visit

What is it? Set 450
Just posted this week's set:
22
22

Out of square miter gauges
I have both a Delta and a Rockwell miter gauge, neither of which has a vertical face square to the saw table, Before I do something dumb in modifying them is there a reason why the angle to the saw...
13
13

OFF TOPIC: Ping Swingman - Cowbell News Item
As an old cowboy and musician, I know that you love cowbells. LOL I thought of you when reading this news item. A local judge has actually banned cowbells. I thought you would enjoy this one.
10
10

Tree growth rings disprove that the earth is warmer now than during Roman times and or even 1000 years ago.
" " wrote in news: Sorry, wrong choice of words. It isn't a question whether global warming is happening, it is. The problem is whether one believes our increasing CO2 conetent of the atmosphere has a...
160
160

Selling my shop
Hi folks, I'm back (for a bit anyway). SWMBO (aka LOML aka Maggy) and I have decided that snow and cold for 4 to 6 months of the year are no longer put-uppable. We are going to downsize and move...
7
7

She Works Wood
Just for general interest. Marilyn Guthrie is a helluva woodworker, and the bench she's been working on is a work of art: is her G+ page: Sign in - Google Accounts...
5
5

Cradle Plans
We have a first grandchild on the way and I want to make a cradle for him. I would like to find plans in AutoCAD (.dwg) format. Can anyone here point me in the right direction? Thanks, Chuck
7
7

Re: HELP! refinishing old cedar chest
Cedar chests shouldn't be finished inside, so they can do their job on the moths, so I'm hoping that you're talking only about the outside. Try a dye for color, if you must. finish with Waterlox...
2
2

Re: HELP-!!! refinishing old cedar chest
----------------------------------- It was painted for a reason. Lew

B. Terry spam?
Why is B. Terry replying to messages adding only his web site? I'm not going to visit it. Anyone familiar with him?
2
2

Jeff Samudosky, Wood Carver
I saw a story on this guy the other day. He is one of those guys who has a god given gift to create wonderful sculptures out of wood. No diagrams or drawings. He just "frees the animal" from the wood....
4
4

Finishing question
I'm having custom cabinets build for my kitchen. Doing so is really stretch= ing my budget, so I'm hoping to take on finishing them myself. The guy buil= ding them is reluctantly ok with me doing so....
10
10

wood filler:
Hello wood workers what kind of wood filler do you recommend? I have used Elmer's ,Le page, and others water and solvent based the results are not that great especially if I try to tint favorites? Sal
2
2

Make a Curvy Cutting Board!
50th woodworking video production and my wife's first GarageWoodworks video appearance (reluctantly). http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Forum/showthread.php?tid=116My