Subject Author Posted Replies

Drum sander pix
very messy shop. Also ... here's a link to the plans which are based on a sander developed by Pat Hawley. six months after it has had some good workouts.
3
3

OT; Shop lights ballasts
Paul, I'd ask around at some electrical supply shops what they have. No, not at the Borg or any similar place, there's got to be an electrical supply center in your city or close to it. What you...
9
9

Manual for Delta 23-710 sharpener needed
I have tried every variation I can think of through searches to no avail. The sharpener is no longer made and not fully supported. Thank you
3
3

Looking forward to seeing again.
No I am near Clinton.. 78 by PA.. I am 3 miles from PA. I used to live up in your neck of the woods by Rutherford.
6
6

O/T: Today Is A good Day
Especially if it's your birthday. 75 candles on my cake today. Lew
51
51

Re: Broad Axe
>>The present handle is a regular ax handle and I'd like to get a proper offset handle. When using one, I don't know what side of the broad axe, the beveled side or the flat side, is facing the log...
7
7

perplexing situation
Ok -- I'm not some newbie sawdust maker without experience. I've built many pieces of furniture over the years but this has me baffled -- at least tonight. I'm building a bed. the foot baord has 5...
6
6

Zinsser Sanding Sealer can failure
I had a gallon can of the Zinsser Sanding Sealer shellac sitting on the concrete garage floor for several months. As I was walking by today, I noticed a goo around the can and it turned out to be...
23
23

Heckuva deal on a vintage sanding block
the hell? :-) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hardware-Rusty-Hand-Tool-SANDING-BLOCK-Old-Vintage-Antique-Rubberized-/140802714181?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item20c87eea45What...
3
3

Decline in craftsmanship
My neighbor's son was a principal (now an admin) when the school system started having money troubles. He unilaterally closed the school sports division, offering to maintain it if the athletes'...
94
94

Today Was A Good Day
My nephew and his 2 boys came over and cleaned out my inside scrap wood bin= , which was 2 sections of my wood rack, each section about 2.5'H X 4'W X 10= ' deep. All that scrap got chuncked outside...
10
10

Update - Straightening a Cupped Panel
Thanks to all who responded to my post of 7/8/2012. Lots of ideas provided. I tried Sonny's thought on applying moisture and pressure to the convex side of the panel. I scraped off the old glue, used...
1
1

Possible DeWalt workaround answer to the SawStop?
Black & Decker (DeWALT) patent to possible comply with purposed SawStop safety regulations.
12
12

You've Been Framed! (Contest)
The GarageWoodworks woodworking contest (a first!) "You've Been Framed" Enter now. http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Forum/showthread.php?tid=120&pid=910#pid910...
2
2

Glue brush cleaning jar solution needed.
I have a jar that I use to clean my brushes, glue rollers and whatever else I use to spread glue. It's filled with water and gets pretty slimy/gunky at the bottom. If I keep the stuff off the bottom...
35
35