Subject Author Posted Replies

how to fell a tree
do not know much about felling trees but i suppose they cleaned up the bottom cut on the log to meet the 20 foot mark or so but the stump portion that is visible seems to also be cleaned maybe the...
18
18

made a little sewing machine table
The sewing machine is an old hand-cranked Singer, the trike an old Schwinn. I'm not yet doing highly skilled joinery, but it's one of the nicer pieces I've made. There are four pieces composing the...
5
5

clever two-in-one bench top tool mount
pretty clever and good for a small shop Two-in-one bench top tool mount that flips over to hide one and reveal the other http://carlholmgrenwoodworking.com/product/flip-top-tool-stand-plans/...
2
2

What is it? (Amateur Version POST08)
Here is the eighth post in the series. As usual, I will try to answer quest ions about their composition, size and how they can move. Pictures are prov ide via dropbox. L. Flynn POST08_TOOL30 This is...
9
9

Cabin building in Finland
nice if it was sub-titled but still enjoyable good crew there looks like a real cozy place the big question i had was how much time transpired between downing the trees and finishing the cabin i guess...
8
8

Question for you deck builders
I think I mentioned earlier that my son has drafted me to help build a fair ly large deck at his cabin. The cabin is a manufactured home elevated abou t two feet over a concrete slab. There is...
19
19

RE: Hobby Bench
Courtesy of WoodSmith Magazine. If your work space is limited, might be of interest Lew ------------------------------------------------ Hobby Bench Perfect Project for Any Hobbyist!
2
2

Slick Plane
I picked up a slick plane at a woodworking store some time ago. It has a pair of round cutters that are used to knock the sharp edge off a board. It works great. I planed some 2x stock flat and square...
4
4

what it is
go ahead and take a guess
12
12

Best Router
Background: * I have an ancient B&D (1/4", fixed base) and a sheet-metal router "table" from HF. * I build things like carts, wall and floor cabinets, built-ins, interior trim, bookcases, perhaps...
25
25

Pewaukee, Wisconsin Woodworker's Store
Years ago... Thinking back to the mid-to-late 1980's there was a woodworker's store in the Town of Pewaukee, Wisconsin. Another woodbutcher and myself are wracking our brains trying to recall the name...
12
12

joinery techniques
i guess they are making frames for walls and doing a test fit that is an amazing joint they're fitting there looks like they are a production shop for pre-built homes and by hand to boot looks like...
12
12

Resawing on the band saw
I have a Grizzly G0555 band saw. I bought the tall resaw fence and have tried a few different blades including the 1/2" Woodslicer blade. I'm currently using a 3/8" wet-wood blade for resawing logs. I...
37
37

woodburners tell all
was looking at some wood burning tools that are meant for that purpose and no ohter but they are expensive if you are a woo dburner what do you use and why if you use a real one what do you think of...
22
22

What is it? (Amateur Version POST07)
Here is the seventh post in the series. As usual, I will try to answer ques tions about their composition, size and how they can move. Pictures are pro vide via dropbox. There is one composite or...
6
6