Meanie wrote in news:migjlg$v6k$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Bootstrap puller-upper.

And like real life, it cannot work.

Reply to
Baxter

Flywheel puller?

Reply to
Kevin Miller

A wagon wheel tool? Like a bearing press....?or pull? john

go ahead and take a guess

jloomis

if you look closely you will see that the threaded shaft can't do anything

i think there's another piece that's needed

Reply to
Electric Comet

Even if I look closely, I can't tell if the cross piece at the bottom of the threaded shaft is fitted into dadoes in the uprights and therefore stationary or if the dado is in the cross piece allowing it to slide up and down the uprights.

Do you know for sure?

If it's stationary then there is this possibility:

It could be an object built by a skillful woodworker who wanted to build a completely useless device just for the fun of it and/or to mess with folks like us.

If the crosspiece is stationary, then it reminds me of this:

DerbyDad03

DerbyDad03 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

It's a drawing - not an actual object.

Reply to
Baxter

don't know anything for sure except that it is from Finland

every time i look at the photo i think there's a missing piece

maybe it's one part of some kind of puller and the other part is lost to history

Reply to
Electric Comet

Are you saying you don't know for sure that "the threaded shaft can't do anything"?

You seemed to be sure of that in your last post. The only way it can't do anything is if the crosspiece is fixed to the uprights, yet when I asked you said you don't know for sure.

So which is it? Do you know that the threaded shaft can't do anything or are you (now) not sure of that either?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

if it is there is a piece missing because the threaded shaft looks to be stationary

not true i have washed a rented car

Reply to
Electric Comet

Better let Larry Summers know...