clever two-in-one bench top tool mount

pretty clever and good for a small shop Two-in-one bench top tool mount that flips over to hide one and reveal the other

Electric Comet

Note: I looked as several videos of FlipTop benches.

While these all look like good ideas for shops with limited floor space, the question that pops into my head is what about vibration. Some of the equipment that is being put on flip top benches produce little vibration, but some of the high speed units, seems like it would tear some of those benches a part after a year or so of use.

The other thing I noticed is that some of them seem like they could get away from you while you were in the process of flipping it over. The one with the big lath seemed nearly more than the guy could turn.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

good point did not consider that like the idea of saving space but it has to be done right

have not seen that video often times people run with an idea past the point of original intent and end up creating new situations that are not good

flipping a lathe sounds bad

Reply to
Electric Comet