Subject Author Posted Replies

Lost cab hardware contact
Shop - Brusso Hardware Woodworker's Hardware has 15,000+ items in stock and ready to ship within 24 hours. We sell cabinet hardware and supplies to woodworkers. 25+ years in business! Order online...
9
9

Chisel and plane iron honing
What angle do you set your honing guide to fie chisels and plane irons?
5
5

Preventing router tear-out on cedar
Any wisdom on preventing tear-out with cedar when making boxes using a jig? I tried painter's tape with limited success. Thanks!
3
3

What has happened to McFeeleys
I seldom get a catalog any more and their web site no longer has one. You now must use the "Screw Selector" and it leaves screws out. Where do you buy your "quality" square drive screws?
72
72

Now for something a little different...
This is an instrument panel for my classic wooden cruising sailboat which I just finished and installed a few days ago. It was a tricky bugger to build. Take a look at the slide show: The problem was...
22
22

festool too expensive for you and feeling lucky
well are ya i hope for the sake of some vigorous discussion here that a non-festool owner wins and can report back here will the winner convert completely over to festool if they win one will they...
40
40

Looking For Oscillating Tool Recommendations
I know this group and what a huge can of worms I just opened up, but we'll see if I can though this with any actual information. :-D I have the Harbor Freight and I wrote the book on it. It is well...
41
41

Festool Granat Sandpaper
Quite a while ago I made some comments about Festool Brilliant sandpaper and how it was great for removing glue squeeze out. A 6~8 weeks ago I purchased a 10 pack of 120 grit Festool Granat sand paper...
23
23

Cedar Chest
I got a chest from a friend who was moving. It was all nailed and screwed together. They were covered mostly by other boards on the corners nailed on. So he drops it off figuring I can use the wood as...
24
24

Toxic?
Hello all, Since I haven't seen any posts for almost a month, I thought I'd test post with a somewhat-woodworking-related post. In building a small hobby box, I was routing a narrow rabbet in what I...
11
11

Artisanal Firewood
Canadian entrepreneur finds international success selling firewood for $1000 per bundle: For many years, craftsman Jesse Horn was frustrated with the direction of the North American firewood industry:...
3
3

Toxic wood?
Hello all, Since I haven't seen any posts for almost a month, I thought I'd test post with a somewhat-woodworking-related post. In building a small hobby box, I was routing a narrow rabbet in what I...
12
12

Wood turning tools
Where/what are the recommendation for good but less expensive turning cutters/tools? What would you say are the most important tools to have for general well rounded turning? Thanks
11
11

Bosch Reaxx Table Saw
Looks like the SawStop competition is heating up. This is a pretty good review of the job site saw by a Bosch rep. Nice to see that the SawStop patents did not choke the competition as some thought...
120
120

NEW Powermatic Tenon Jig
Well it look cool. But is it enough of a time saver? Where can you actually get prices?
8
8