Subject Author Posted Replies

New HitaCHEE M12V(2) router
Did you get a load of this one? router, different pants. Looks like something you'd use to inoculate an alien rhinoceros. Those Hitachi (pronounced hitaCHEE (gesundheid)) designers have been watching...
11
11

How do I make this cut?
For a project I am working on I need to use a dovetail bit to take the edge off of both sides of a thin piece of wood (1/4"). The end result needs to be a trapezoid cross section. The piece will slide...
13
13

Dovetrail Bit
Opened up a new Dovetail Bit yesterday and looking at it thought that the shank was too long. I installed it as is with well over an inch protruding from the collet. In use there was some serious...
5
5

BATH-TUB STEAM BOAT
You could use one in a sink, hot tub, or swimming pool. But, you can't scale one up and ride in it. JOAT What's the difference between a cattle grid and a lawyer? People slow down before they run over...

splitter for old Craftsman tabel saw
Woodcraft and other suppliers used to carry aftermarket splitters for old Craftsman contractors saws (circa 1982). I can't seem to find them any more. Anybody know of a source? Thanks in advance -Zz
1
1

How I made the curved chair backs
How I made the curved chair backs I posted a few weeks back looking for ways to make curved chair backs for 6 cherry mission style dining chairs. There were several good suggestions, but here is what...

Squaring a drill press?
I just bought a Delta 17-990 12" drill press at an auction. I thought I got a great buy on it until I checked to see if it was square. It was off a half degree both side to side and front to back....
7
7

OT? Ten Step Guide to Being Handy Around the House
Ten Step Guide to Being Handy Around the House 1. If you can't find a screwdriver, use a knife. If you break off the tip, it's an improved screwdriver. 2. Try to work alone. An audience is rarely any...
5
5

WMH Tool Group Inc. Recalls Wilton Mitre Saws for Laceration Hazard
recall for Wilton Miter saw. Bob S. http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07025.htmlLatest
2
2

FA: 2 Porter Cable Finish Nailers and Freud Safety Dado AS NEW!
Porter Cable FN200: Cable DA250 Angle Finish Nailer 8" Safety Dado Head Blade Set Hot Shot Laser Level Set: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem

Bending wood
I need to build a 3ft diameter arc from cherry. How do I bend cheery to do this? How thick should the wood be to bend it?
6
6

Saw horses
Hi does anyone know of plans for a typical saw horse? I would like to build a couple but have never actually seen any plans. Cheers Colin.
17
17

FA: Grizzly G1037 13" Planer/Moulder, Mesa, AZ
.99 no reserve, $375.00 Buy it now. Local Pickup at my home in Mesa, AZ Nice machine in good condition. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120052314508...

Question for guitar builders
In looking at web sites for kits, Tele style, and I am looking at Music Maker's site which has a tele kit with a Basswood body. I've heard of some different woods for the body, but not Bass wood. Is...
8
8

ACQ wood
Greetings. My spouse and I want to build a large shelving project for the unfinished section of our basement. We were going to use 2 by 2s of ACQ treated wood. I cannot get a straight answer as to...
39
39