Subject Author Posted Replies

New chisels! Storage case ideas?
I've now outgrown the six pocket leather case I got a while back from Lee Valley. I'm trying to find a way to store my modest, but diverse collection of chisels ideally in one container. I have at the...
9
9

Chess Board and CD Rack
I had a few days off over the holidays, so I tried to put them to good use making sawdust.... http://www.loyno.edu/~cbmarsh/holidayprojects.htm
6
6

1-3/4" OD guide bushing.
For some reason or another, I cannot find a router guide bushing bigger than the normal 1" or so. I bought some many years ago. Two of them. One was 1-3/4" OD and one was 1-5/8" OD. They are used in...
8
8

What's in your toolbelt ?
I just want to see wat everyone likes to carry in their toolbelts. I have: Dead-On toolbelt with 3" AWP leather belt w/ Workhorse 45degre hammer holster Pair of Hang-it-up suspenders w/ shoulder pads...
29
29

Best way to hang screwdrivers?
My wife gave me a nice set of a dozen screwdrivers for Christmas. I'd like to hang them properly in my workshop. Any suggestions on how best to hang them? I have a pegboard for my tools, but the 3/4"...
25
25

jointer plane problem
Hi, I have a brass knob which is stuck on my Stanley no. 9. I have tried putting wd40 to loosen it up to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions to unfreeze this brass knob? Thanks, Robert
3
3

Stots dovetail template
anyone have any experience using these? Bonus Games in Online Pokies
1
1

Reinforcing Miter Joints
I made a foolish design decision in building some window Z-frames for shutters. I cut the pieces in order to miter them, thinking that the joint would be easy with the biscuit cutter. Turns out the 0...
10
10

Clamps - 40"+ sized clamps
I am looking for clamps that are at least are between 40" and 48". I am just starting to get into wood working and I am starting with some cabinets and tables. I want to get quality clamps that will...
36
36

Searching for shelf magazine article
Sometime in the past year (?) one of the major woodworking magazines had an article on building a small wall-hung shelf with pegs for hanging keys, coats, etc. I think it was made of oak and finished...
3
3

Help Building a Staircase
I've bought a place with a basement and a staircase that 1) lands in an awkward area (too close to the basement block wall) and, 2) is too steep and uncomfortable. I would like to relocate it so that...
8
8

Re: Hitachi's and tennis shoe designers...
[...] I think they look stupid. I also wonder what corners were cut in construction or in functional specification, in order to pay some foo-foo designer to make a nail gun look like a sneaker. I...
14
14

Taper jig??
I need to cut a "taper" on a piece of pine. It measures 3/4x1, about 4 ft. long. I need to cut 3/16 at the top down to 1/16 at the bottom. Hope I'm explaining this right. Would the best thing to use...
6
6

Alligator Saw or Sabre Saws
Does anyone have any experience of Dewalt DW390 275mm Alligator Saw or BOSCH PROFESSIONAL 1600W TANDEM SAW GFZ 16-35AC. I have an electric chain saw which does most of what I need to do for preparing...
3
3

HIDDEN HINGES
These are actually for a vehicle, but I don't see you couldn't make some for wood projects. JOAT It's not hard, if you get your mind right. - Granny Weatherwax