Subject Author Posted Replies

The Workmanship of Risk - Working On The Cusp Of Failure
(posted this originally to since it used turning as an example. But the idea is applicable to any type of woodworking) The Workmanship of Risk - Working On The Cusp Of Failure In the February 2007...

newbie question: thining stain
I have a can of stain that is turning to jelly. What is the recommended method to thin it out?
5
5

Re: Leigh Dovetails and Dewalt 618 Router

Leigh Dovetail Help Needed
I started trying out my new D4R dovetail jig. When I am routing the tails in through dovetail mode, I am getting a lot of chatter. I am using a PC8529 plunge router. I finally got one to come out...
23
23

To all RE's on hope chest wood
I would like to thank all of you who replied to my questions. They where very educational and helpful. Now all I have to do is get the wood next week and start. Again a sincere Thank You All Lee

FS: Walker Turner Surfacer / Sander
I have a Walker Turner Surfacer / Sander (combo disc and belt sander) in great shape with and extra sanding disc wheel and original instruction sheet for sale now on Ebay. The auction number is...
4
4

New UHMW Help Site for Woodworkers
Greetings, I am pleased to announce the following; 1. As I indicated in a topic back in June or July, I have opened an online store for those people that want to purchase individual pieces of UHMW...
1
1

Re: Battery operated tools and appropriate technology
"Tom Watson" wrote in message Damn ... I hope you didn't have all that hanging off a toolbelt! ;)
9
9

Bullseye French Polish
I haven't been able to find it lately, so I emailed Zinsser. They've quit making it! Would anyone on the group who's used it and liked it please write to them and urge them to reconsider. Using it...

veneer question
I've never done any work with veneer, but have recently been playing with resawing my own. Yesterday I cut some crotch Walnut to create a very pretty bookmatch. However, they are only valuable as a...
3
3

Table saw Arbor wobble
Recently I notice a slight wobble in the 10" blades. If I have tried a few blades, some brand new and all have a bit of wobble in them. They cut ok but Im wondering if the wobble is something that can...
9
9

any Groz vise vices?
I'm in the market for a Record type vice for my newly built low cost bench. The archives are somewhat old on vices (other than it seems everyone wants a Veritas twin screw , me too) and right now...
3
3

hope chest wood
All set to start building a hope chest. No ply all lumber. Top, sides,front, back,bottom boards with aromatic cedar. I would appreciate comments from people who have used walnut. I can purchase kiln...
27
27

Saw Sled Epiphany
Because of changing needs, I've been needing to make a new saw sled. The old one would have worked, but would h ave been awkward, compared to a dedicaed sled. Besides, I tool the old one apart, to...
23
23

Experience with Dewalt laser on miter saw
Hi to all, Just purchased a DW716 miter saw and i want to add a laser on it. There is a specific laser from dewalt that fit on this, i think it is DW7187. But unfortunately i have seen many bad...
3
3