Subject Author Posted Replies

Hot water cylinder insulation
For under a tenner, and with bank interest rates so low, it's hardly a big decision. Owain
16
16

RAM kitchen hinges
Who was it that was looking for replacements?

cordless VOIP phone
Anyone got recommendations for cordless VOIP phones, Or adaptors to plug in an analogue cordless phone? Iain
22
22

Rat and mouse proofing electric wires
There are rats and mice in the cellar and maybe between floors, how can i p rotect the new electrical cables from them? Straight runs and corners. I've read that " Mice cannot chew through plastic and...
9
9

OT: Safe win 7 download?
I've a PC with a W7 license on it, I installed Ubuntu on it instead. I now need a W7 installation, you can't download from MS if it's not a retail license so.... Does anyone know of a safe W7 ISO...
2
2

EPC dubious results
Through selling my mothers house I have had the amusement of seeing one of the new EPC certificates that every house must have when sold. The results are "interesting". The inspector completely missed...
5
5

Recs for Extension lead please
induction doesn't happen to any significant extent, and if it did it wouldn 't cause heating. Why? Each bit of flex has currents flowing in equal and o pposite directions. NT
25
25

Best 'waggle' saw to buy for diy
You know what I mean, those saws that vibrate back and forth and] allow you to cut square holes in a piece of wood, or remove a strip from the bottom of a skirting board with it in situ. There is one...
9
9

Honeywell CM927
Have had aCM927 since 2010, the display was missing digits after a few years then surprisingly returned. They 'have gone again. Messaged the company who have offered a £25 discount but I am tempted...
1
1

How is this brass strip between floor tiles and carpet fixed down?
Please look at these two pics: This brass strip is what the builder put in when the house was being built 15 years ago. It joins the kitchen ceramic floor tiles to the "dining area" carpet. How is...
13
13

Under sink water heater - tank or no tank?
I'm thinking of getting some under sink water heaters at work, I was going to fit a boiler but thinking that as we use hot water merely for hand washing, rinsing cups etc these could be more cost...
11
11

Surge Suppresser for LED Floodlight: High failure rate
I have a 100 watt PIR Floodlight mounted on the gable end of my tractor shed: First one was fitted in August 2017 and the sixth (yes 6th!!!!) replacement is on the way to me as I type. Now my mains is...
20
20

Old Myford lathe: thread size
Hello all. I got myself an old Myford ML8 wood lathe and as with any old tool, there w as a bit of fettling to do before it was ready for work (well quite a lot, actually). Anyway, I eventually...
6
6

Paint flaking on Artex
My bathroom has a Artex ceiling - sort of little stalagtites. I noticed the white emulsion is flaking a bit over the shower. Any suggestions before re-paint?.
11
11

Does anyone have, or know where I can get a fan dog for my elderly Panda 11 Pressure jet boiler. A second hand one will probably do.
Fan Dog connects the fan shaft to the oil pump shaft
5
5