Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - decent Adroid phone ?500 or under?
Following on from the other phone thread, now looking at a replacement phone. Preferably £500 or under. Average for camera, SD slot, frequent updates, that kind of thing. Any suggestions? Cheers Dave...
73
73

Friday's Auction - Old radios, Hi-Fi etc
*&ItemsPerPage=* https://www.twgaze.co.uk/auctions/catalogues-and-auctions/current-catalogues/sound-and-vision-including-the-taylor-collection/SearchForm?Query=&ItemsPerPage=...
4
4

Flat Cable Trunking
I need to find about 3metres of trunking to take two cables. One from a digital projector to a computer, the other the power lead. I am worried that the connectors on the projector end may not pass...
8
8

Parkinson Cowen Windsor gas fire service
Following service instructions to remove burners, but burners will not budge. This is an old fire but used regularly, could corrosion be a problem Tries levers but will not move. Any suggestion on...
3
3

OT: Podcasts vanished after Thunderbird 60.4.0
I have been avoiding upgrading to V60 because of the problems that others mentioned (spacebar etc). Annoyingly something applied the update without asking me, possibly Kaspersky. Now I notice that all...
2
2

OT: spam phone call.
Just had a call meant to be from BT saying my my line will be cut off unless, etc. The usual pre-recorded message. A basic far east accent - but american influenced. Very good of them to make it so...
30
30

Is there such a thing as "Dirty Gas" and could it damage my combi?
Cooking on the gas hob last night, suddenly the flames began to flicker yellow. First thought: dirt on the bottom of the pans - so I turned on the other burners and they were doing the same. Second...
14
14

Thermodynamic Solar Panels
So how is this any different to the hot water heaters for roofs that many already have. A friend of mine has one and it seems to save money, but of course there is the capital outlay, the need to keep...
17
17

P poor shower output
Just moved into a new house and although the bath and washbasin taps have a very powerful jet stream, the Mira mixer shower can raise barely a trickle. On youtube they show a mixer cartridge in the...
12
12

Infrequent sewer inspections?
another gigantic fatberg has been found, but surely this has taken years to accumulate? Do the water companies really not do any routine inspections, so the first they know about a fatberg is when the...
1
1

Slow cistern fill
Hi, All of a sudden the cistern on my concealed push button toilet started filling very slowly. I had a look and it seems this happens quite a lot due to a blocked filter so I disconnected the inlet...
9
9

OT: Schuko sockets (again)
I had an electrician install a double Schuko socket. Each socket had its own terminals (live - neutral - earth) and the electrician bridged each pair. Our double sockets only have one connection to...
55
55

Mix and match parts from two near-identical netbooks?
I have two HP minis: one is a HP2133 and the other is it's near-identical relative the HP2140. They are a bit elderly but both built like tanks with the same aluminium shell and a magnesium chassis...
10
10

Valliant Turbomax Plus 828E - Fault Code Intermittent F.22 (Fix)
My trusty boiler that received a massive overhaul just 12 months ago with pretty much everything but the fan and PCB being replaced started playing up with F.22 (low system water pressure) leaving us...
3
3

Connecting to copper waste pipe
My son is renovating a 1960s bathroom. The soil pipe is steel (easily connected to plastic with a rubber adapter) but I can't see how to connect to the copper waste pipe. The waste has an O/D of 41mm...
10
10