Recommended power provision for hob and oven

The design of our new kitchen for our open-plan extension is slowly ma turing and, having decided what induction hob and double built-under oven w e want, I would be grateful for opinions on what power supply(/ies) to run to them. The specs are:
Hob: AEG IKB64401FB, Total Loading 7350W (/230V = 32A) Oven: AEG DUB331110M, Total Loading 5300W (/230V = 23A)
The route from the CU to the hob+oven is pretty straightforward: Up 1m insi de an uninsulated stud wall, across 5m inside an uninsulated ceiling a nd down 1.5m behind uninsulated plasterboard.
Taking the IET OSG guidance on diversity for cooking appliances, the t otal supply requirements would be:
First 10A + 30% of remainder = 10 + ( ((32+23)-10) x 0.3) = 10 + 1 3.5 = 23.5A
If my understanding and calculations are correct a single 6mm2 going to a s ingle 45A DP switch (a rare white one!):
https://www.toolstation.com/click-mode-45a-dp-switch/p10475
and dual appliance outlet plate:
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/AA45DCOP.html
should suffice. The cable would be adequately protected by a 32A MCB.
However, for future proofing (and better/safer? operation) should I put two 6mm2 cables in instead, each with there own 32A MCB? Or perhaps a single 1 0mm2 with a 40A MCB? Running cable is easy at the moment as the ceilin g is down and I have open access to the rear of the CU (which, whilst a bit tight for wiring, does have some spare ways).
Note that this open-plan extension is being done under building control and so, with the hob+oven being a new circuit and therefore notifiable, I plan to get an electrician in to do the work (and, more importantly, give me th e necessary certificate for sign-off) however I wanted to give some thought myself to what we should do in advance of asking them, whoever that might be... @Adam: You're not travelling through North Wiltshire anytime soon are you? ;-)
On 02/11/2019 22:20, Mathew Newton wrote:

I could be close in three weeks time. She will needs some convincing to go to Melksham and not Oswestry....
I suppose if Lilley's Cider shop at Frome is open she can be convinced.
How far from either are you?
--
Adam

On Sunday, 3 November 2019 09:59:58 UTC, ARW wrote:

I'm in Malmesbury so around 30mins from Melksham and maybe nearly an hour from Frome so a bit of a trek?
On 03/11/2019 18:17, Mathew Newton wrote:

Only if you drive like a girl.
--
Adam

On 03/11/2019 19:43, ARW wrote:

She has just mentioned the caravan.
--
Adam

On Sunday, 3 November 2019 19:43:19 UTC, ARW wrote:

ur from Frome so a bit of a trek?

:-)
All joking aside, if you don't mind a bit of a busman's holiday the job's y ours.
You must hate it when customers say this, but I do think it's a straightfor ward one. As mentioned it's all in the same room with the CU and ceiling bo th readily accessible, and I just need to do the cutouts for the backboxes in the dot-and-dab wall (there's around 15-20mm free space for the cable ru n behind):
http://www.newtonnet.co.uk/permanent/cu.jpg
http://www.newtonnet.co.uk/permanent/cu-rear.jpg
http://www.newtonnet.co.uk/permanent/ceiling.jpg
I've already got some spare Wylex MCBs (32A and 40A), but no cable.
On 04/11/2019 08:56, Mathew Newton wrote:

It sounds more fun than than spending my time with her in laws.
I would run two cables. I have plenty of 6mm T&E. Email me your details and we can have a proper chat. I was not intending to fetch power tools as we need the space in the car for the cider, her shoes, her spare shoes, her clothes and her spare clothes:-) Although it looks like you do not need them.
Not sure what day I could make it, although I suspect that it will have to be the 23rd or 24th as we travel down on the 22nd and back up on the 25th.
And remind me to fetch my test case!
--
Adam

On Monday, 4 November 2019 18:49:05 UTC, ARW wrote:

Done!

The tools, or the rest of the stuff? ;-)
On Saturday, 2 November 2019 22:20:23 UTC, Mathew Newton wrote:

total supply requirements would be:

13.5 = 23.5A
That seems unreasonable. In the winter, when starting for breakfast, I alw ays put the hob to full power on four rings, to warm the kitchen. I think the cable rating, whatever the IET may say, should allow - at least - for a ny single large appliance, plus a family-size electric kettle, plus refrige ration, to be running at full power.
--
(c) Dr. S. Lartius, UK. Gmail: dr.s.lartius@ |

On 03/11/2019 12:56, Dr S Lartius wrote:

It does, but not for continuous use.
In this case you could not turn the hob on to warm the kitchen:-)
--
Adam

On 03/11/2019 13:29:45, ARW wrote:

At full load it might still take 15 minutes to flip the MCB?
On 03/11/2019 14:24, Fredxx wrote:

AEG IKB64401FB is an induction hob and will switch itself off almost immediately if no induction-compatible pans / load detected.
Ours is a slightly different model but limits maximum ("boost") power to 10 minutes.
--
Reentrant

On Sat, 02 Nov 2019 15:20:19 -0700, Mathew Newton wrote:

My choice would be to over provide on the circuits.
The cost of the extra bits of cable etc. and labour now are minimal compared to the cost of doing it later should you need to for any reason.
Cheers
Dave R