Subject Author Posted Replies

Russian electricians on Youtube
Well, not exactly electricians. But they do plug things into the electricity mains. Capacitors and bare wires, mostly. Big Clive look like Big Ted :-) Owain
3
3

OT: What type of Disc connecter do I need?
I've just take one of these out of my old laptop: I want to buy a connector to plug it into my desktop but the connections on this 't look right. what am I not understanding here? TIA tim
21
21

Tile adhesive still ok?
You can't. Throw it away. Bill
8
8

Rubbish Modern Ply
I needed to make a box to house a delicate measuring probe for my CNC lathe, and had to hand an offcut of 12 mm 7 ply from B&Q the bulk of which had made a new counter top for a tool cabinet. Usual...
3
3

Rainwater soakaway good or bad for garden?
Our 7 houses need a new rainwater drain so the roof water doesnt flood the septic tank. At first I though having a soakaway near my raspberries would add more water to the plants. But maybe digging...
10
10

Black mould on underside of roof felt
I've just been up into our loft and was horrified to find what appears to be black mould on the underside of the roof felt: The white 'strips' are where the felt is overlapped) I haven't been up there...
29
29

Nozzel effect
Has anybody found that the " nozzle effect" causes the problems that environmental health services say it does ?
12
12

Cloudflare?
I can FTP to one of my webhosting accounts but not another. I've pissed about for ages. I've sent a ticket in but it's weekend so might not get a response. I recall they use Cloudflare, is it probable...

Inaccurate clamp meter?
I got hold of a second hand one of these: HEME 100 clamp meter. I can't find specs for it online, only a HEME 1010. I've tried reading a few currents with it (using a brand new battery in it), and it...
19
19

137 years ago today
The first edition of the Wiring Regulations "Fuses ... should always be enclosed in incombustible cases. Where wires are put out of sight, as beneath flooring, they should be thoroughly protected from...
17
17

Looking for a 2300 x 450mm radiator
We have a long low radiator below a window in our sitting room. It?s manky and ugly and I?d like to replace it with something a bit less gross. It?s a twin panel steel affair without any fins. I?d...
17
17

Solar panel controller for nominal 5W panel - Unisolar SmartChargeFLX
David formulated on Saturday : No, that simply means it will not discharge a battery, when it is unable to charge it (in the dark). You probably wouldn't need a charge regulator to use it to charge a...
9
9

Shower curtain hooks
I bought a new shower curtain, which has reinforced eyes for the hooks. The rail is a type you see in hospitals, L shaped with a support from the ceiling in the middle at the bend, so ordinary loops...
3
3

Bathroom Waste pipe V vanity unit
I have stripped out the bathroom and other half wants a vanity unit for the sink and toilet pan. With the layout I have to keep the toilet pan on the right. Is there likely to be an issue in trying to...
13
13

How many drinking vouchers to core drill a tumble dryer exhaust
I have a team of builders currently on site demolishing a chimney and doing some fairly major bathroom alterations. This is all formally priced up and contracted through the parent firm. Whist they...
38
38