Subject Author Posted Replies

Hole in Joist
I need to bore a hole in a joist to take a shower waste. Reading the regs tells me that in a 20cm Joist the max hole can be 32mm I need to pass a pipe of 42mm diameter! The joist is right next to a...
14
14

Wiki question - am I reading this wrong?
From <> "Eighteenth Edition Regulation 521.10.202 requires cables to be adequately supported against their premature collapse in the event of a fire. This applies throughout the installation and not...
8
8

OT:Massive surge in scam calls for SWMBO ?
SWMBO has just hung up on her 3rd scam/cold caller of the day. We've gone from 0 scam calls in 6 months to about 10 in a week. Is there something in the air ?
17
17

giving the lie to Dyson
Ex Gizmodo Vacuum makers typically measure suction power by air watts, and Miele claims it can sustain 1,100 watts, while Dyson claims the V11 does 185 watts. But cords and bags serve a purpose!...
74
74

perpend vents
Nobody cares. Its like the way ordinary screws get used for things outside so a rust mark appears on the wall as the head goes rusty. Brian
6
6

Orbitrol steering unit
Anyone attempted repairs? After 6000 hours it doesn't owe me much but at circa £250 I thought I would ask:-)
2
2

Strange
Ancient Sharp mobile phone. Rings for an incoming voice call but no one there! This effect seems to coincide with giving my mobile number to on line suppliers as the contact point. Are they trying to...
8
8

Re: Malaysia rated one of the world's worst for plastic pollution
But are now starting to send it all back from whence it came. Brian

Re: world space
Jim GM4DHJ ... formulated the question : I'll bite, down where?
1
1

Why insect populations are plummeting—and why it m atters
Why insect populations are plummeting?and why it matters A new study suggests that 40% of insect species are in decline, a sobering finding that has jarred researchers worldwide. BY Douglas Main, Feb...

Wood hardener - what is is?
How does wood hardener work? Is it essentially dilute glue? -- Richard
7
7

The Bugs We Can’t Live Without
The Bugs We Can?t Live Without Insect populations are in dramatic decline, and the consequences could be serious for everything from waste management to agriculture By Anne Sverdrup-Thygeson, 6/20/19,...

Wing mirrors
they don't do wing mirrors any more unless you drive a nip import .......
38
38

Lidl cordless angle grinder
Been waiting for these to come up, and they were in today. Proper 125 mm job, not the sneaky smaller one that was in a week or two ago. £25 for the bare machine with a box. £18 for 2AH plus charger...
6
6

One of those weeks (fridge packing up ?)
Last nights beer was distinctly not cold. Quick thermometer in fridge showed temp was 10C Moved everything to back fridge (which is 10 years older ...) and cleaned out fridge - massive block of ice...
13
13