Polishing paste

I have a Parkside (Lidl) polishing set which I bought some years ago for a job for which I couldn't find a round tuit.

It has a felt? polishing wheel, a buffing wheel and two bars of polishing paste - brown pre-polishing and light blue post-polishing. They're like thin bars of soap, feels like a hard wax, presumably the brown one contains iron oxide.

How do you use these? Do you apply them to the wheel, do they need heating up to soften? There are no instructions.

Reply to
Clive Arthur

If they are like the sort I used at school some 60 years ago ;-) you apply them to the rotating wheel. The friction of that melts enough onto it for use.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

+1
Reply to
harry

Thanks, guessed that might be the case, but wasn't sure. I wonder if they'd polish a car windscreen?

Reply to
Clive Arthur

Probably too coarse,be careful cerium oxide is the right stuff for glass etc

Reply to
F Murtz

juts bang a spinning wheel into them

Reply to