Subject Author Posted Replies

Long 4M Curtain Poles
We had the same problem as you. The poles here were 28 mm, antique brass colour (but made of steel), and 4m long. Originally they we just supported near both ends, and by one bracket in the middle....
11
11

OT: Amateur Theatre.
door effects unit. At the Orange tree in Richmond they have one but it also has a small door and latch as well which somehow sounds like a much bigger door. Brian
10
10

OT: Age-restricted
Actually though it gaols me to say it, but I imagine the reason is the obvious one ie its called Stanley as in Stanley knife and the idiots have never worried about the word after Stanley That brand...
18
18

Paint stripper recommendations
What about recommendations for stripping varnish off wooden furniture prior to painting it. In particular, to strip it out of decorative grooves in the wood where you can't use sandpaper. Also there...
10
10

More foam than a fleet of canoes
Extracting buoyancy foam from an old lightship <>Next episode ... "When Ben killed Harry" An epic two year project renovating an old steel ship into useful office space. The only problem is, the boat...
4
4

Digging a trench
Even 18" deep could be enough to topple a mini digger sideways. The answer, of course, is to work with the digger on the part of the ground that has yet to be dug and working away from the trench. It...
27
27

Eco wankers gone mad in Barnsley
I was taken on a tour of several village halls a few years ago to look at their ideas for energy efficiency improvements. One had a wind turbine but regretted choosing that over solar panels because...
20
20

Woocworm
i have black ash wall unit i have notice 3 hole in it could it be woodworm
6
6

What's this fibrous stuff? (pic)
does that look like? FWIW it seems to be collecting in a rattan blind so presumably coming in from outside. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-JyjZTWQoPRZIVEzA7lArOViXINqsHNN...
9
9

Re: The Coward Barnier
He?s not even trying to deliver; everything he?s done in the last 48 hours underlines that he?s going for a snap election before Christmas. He?s setting up for the EU and Parliament to reject whatever...
52
52

OT: Our Joan's tingle
An elderly friend rang me. He never introduces himself on the phone, or asks if it's convenient, or begins with small talk. He just starts to tell his tale. He speaks on the phone as if he's...
3
3

Notre-Dame
Over-complex fire alarm system delayed them finding where the fire actually was by half an hour ... <> https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/07/16/world/europe/notre-dame.html
1
1

OT: Boris cant bring chlorinated chicken to his dimwits
Oh dear, how sad. Brexit goes the way of everything Boris has handled, bluster and lies followed by the dwindling fizzle of a damp squib At least the British people have a true representative at last....
2
2

Re: Call me scrooge
It;s a scam. You pay say £0.50 extra. The producer gets maybe £0.05 extra, The charity pockets the difference.

OT: Weather
Thunderstorms now here near Canterbury. Lets hope we don't get another near-strike that blows up the router (again).
14
14