Fitting 10mm to a switch fuse that wants 16mm minimum

Came to wire up the switch fuse for the submain today, and found that it wants 16mm minimum. Somehow when I read this originally I assumed it meant the supply tails, when it's clearly for the load as well. I'm going to ring up Wylex tomorrow and ask why, because the terminals operate just like Henley terminals (*), but I'm not hopeful. Obviously I realised this AFTER I had just finished off the SWA gland.

Assuming Wylex don't say "Oh 10mm is fine", my current plan is to terminate the SWA in a metal adaptable box, put a DP Henley and an earth block in the same box, and run some 25mm+16mm tails (because I have some spare) into the switch fuse. Does that sound sensible?

  • Except Wylex have managed to spec torque requirements for the terminals at the same time as making the holes surrounding the allen key fittings too small to get anything but a bog standard allen key in. So I used my mark 1 torque wrench. Regretting picking this unit. It's massive too....
Reply to
ben

Just double over half the strands?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

The traditional method of dealing with this problem is to "bind" the cable with copper wire (EG fuse wire or strands stripped from another cable)

Reply to
harry