Ivy and brickwork

After it growing for over 25 years I took down the ivy that had covered the side wall of the garage. I am left with grey marks from where the ivy's tentrills had stuck to the brick. The bricks are fairly textured.

Any ideas for cleaning it off?

Reply to
John

just did that the other day....a high pressure water jet from a kracher gets it off no bother at all...only way

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

you wouldn't even know it had ever been there....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." <jim.gm4dhj~@ntlworld.com> wrote in news:odwAG.503121 $ snipped-for-privacy@fx06.am:

Encouraging. Hate the faf of getting the damned thing out and the Vario lance seems to have failed - but I have the one that does the swirling.

Reply to
John

yes that twirly trangular shaped end dirt blaster ? one is what you need....

Jim GM4DHJ ...

(tendrils) leave it a year and then pressure wash it

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks for the encouragement - I used the KArcher and it worked a treat. 30 mins and the wall looks like new.

Reply to
John

Time gets rid of it. If you're in no rush, just forget it.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Dunno, neighbour of mine took some down a few years ago and you can still see all the marks. Might lend him my Karcher and see how it goes.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

it will go using that

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

NT:

IME it takes about a year for the bulk of the stems to drop off. Bits remain for years more, but they do go. They're also friable after a year so I'd expect should be readily presure-off-able.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr