Subject Author Posted Replies

Custodian alarm monitoring phone number
Does anyone know the phone number for the alarm receiving centre called Custodian. I can only contact them by dialing my alarm company's premium rate number and would like a regular telephone number...
1
1

Repairing sills
Our house is part of a council estate (but has been in private hands for many years) and the window sills are concrete. Some have a pronounced join where they meet in the middle, and others are...
3
3

Diverter valve diaphragm damage
I've just had both the diverter valve and expansion tank fail on a 1997 Worcester Combi. Having taken the old valve to bits, I found the diaphragm to be almost crumbly... The rubber looked like tree...
3
3

Cooker switch neon indicator
My cooker switch is wired in a way that the neon indicator is always on, whether the switch is on or off. Is this correct? (I am under the impression that the indicator should be in sync with the...
11
11

Room divider folding doors
I want to put a five foot wide opening between two bedrooms so that we can use both rooms together when alone in the house and then close the doors when our children visit. However, I cannot find...
2
2

Best way to repair cracked render ?
There is a small area of render, on the outside of a ground floor timber framed extension of my house, which every year seems to suffer frost damage. This year it was particularly bad, one crack is...
1
1

Fridge not working
Hi, Got a frost free Bosch fridge we bought in 1998. Just recently, since the weather has gone bad, it doesn't seem to be getting as cold as before, esp in the freezer area. I can hear the motor come...
1
1

Compressor Installation Comments
We have a compressor mounted on top of it's own receiver. The compressor itself consists of two single phase compressors feeding into a receiver. The single compressors operate on a...
2
2

Washing machine door seal replacement
I've got to replace the door seal on my Candy TC1000 Washer/Dryer (after 12 years I can't really complain!) Any pointers on how to go about doing this? I've seen references to fitting the new seal to...
3
3

Heat bank manufacturers
Back in January I asked a question regarding my new flat and its cold water tank and ceiling heating, and I recieved lots of useful advice from IMM, Owain and BigWallop. Thanks to all for those...
4
4

Wireless slave light switch
I've had a quick search through the uk.d-i-y archives and the net in general but couldn't find exactly what I want. I would like to be able to put in an extra wall light switch to control an existing...
6
6

1 cubic metre of concrete
Hi all I'm about to do a conservatory base. How much aggregate (tonnes) and how much cement (kg or bags) do I need per cubic metre. Thank you mark b
13
13

Another question about Thermal Stores.
I just had a british gas guy around to give me a quote for some work. (Or more importantly tell me what he thinks since they're bound to be really expensive.) He seems to think that in order to put in...
6
6

pressure drop in thelia 23 combi boiler
we have a saunier duval thelia 23 combi boiler- at the moment the pressure needs refilling every couple of hours or so. there's no clearly visible water on any of the valves/connections, or the...
8
8

Should this have tripped the breaker?
Wiring up new wallights in the early hours the other night and managed to wire the earth on the wall light into the live feed and the " live " cable on the wallight into earth !.. I do sort of have an...
5
5