Subject Author Posted Replies

Radio Frequency Interference
With the stuff about mobile phones an their masts having been in the news recently I thought not a few here might want to read this: the widespead use of el cheapo hellishtrickery tools -especially...

Plastered
Is there no possibility of the unit becoming energised? You should wind out repairs? The need for radiators to pay for them (which is identical, apart from lacking a handle) is just balancing the...

WANTED : Volex MCB's
I'm looking for some Volex MCB's, as recently sold by Screwfix, but the design has changed and I need the older style. See need some of the style on the LEFT (wide toggle). Need a VB32, a VB10 and a...
4
4

Plumbing against a wall
I need to replace a right angled solder fitting that has a hole in it. The fitting is touching the wall - just plain bricks. Do I *have* to place some protection behind the fitting, or will the...
14
14

Manuals for burglar alarms
Lost the manual for your security system? Download them free at only UK panels Store photos and docs online. Access them from any PC, Mac or phone. Create and work together on Word, Excel or...
3
3

STUNNING MODERN ART
Visit my ebay listing at visit my website at http://www.modartsolutions.co.uk http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3704928572&category=31346&sspagename...
2
2

£150 for new CH pump ??
We need a new CH pump as ours has started to leak to earth and trips out the RCD. The pump is postioned at the base of the boiler and looks like a bitch to get to and work on so I've asked a plumber...
25
25

SaniVite - Please don't laugh
I have a SaniVite in my basement. Please don't laugh, I didn't buy it, it is a legacy from a previous owner It is used for the washing machine and a samll sink It is just a pressure switched pump - so...
3
3

smeg dishwasher
can anybody help. is it possible to test a thermostat in a smeg dishwasher and how. I would be very grateful for advice. thanks

Screwfix Thermostat Manual Request
Does anybody who has purchased this programable digital stat from screwfix: a manual for it?, i need to know how to program it but have lost mine. Thanks Kim...

Dead Li-ion battery
I have a Canon BP511 Li-ion battery which has decided not to take a charge. Anyone got any tips on re-juvenating it ? Paul Mc Cann
10
10

Brick/Flag Sealant for Fireplace
Hi Group. I have a old brick-lined fireplace with york stone-paved floor. I'd like to seal the crumbly brickwork and the flag floor to keep in the dust, protect the material and hopefully, bring out...

Hotpoint DC28 Dishwasher
I just had a new Hotpoint DC28 delivered. The installation instructions were minimal and in the bag with the instructions was a small black plastic ring with a mesh filter in the centre. It just fits...
4
4

1st DIY project: loft flooring
After years of living cosily as a tenant - with everything done for me - I'm now getting used to being a homeowner. I went into the loft of my (brand) new house to find a surprising amount of space,...
45
45

Battery circular saws
I know this subject has been discussed before, however I guess I wasn't taking a whole lot of notice to take the detail in. I seem to be doing a fair few loft floor installations now, and it crossed...
24
24