1 cubic metre of concrete

Hi all

I'm about to do a conservatory base.

How much aggregate (tonnes) and how much cement (kg or bags) do I need per cubic metre.

Thank you

mark b

Reply to
Mark B

According to

you will need 320 Kg cement, 600 Kg sand, 1200 Kg gravel and 300 L water.

It might be easier to phone a local ready-mixed firm or mix-a-mate type.

Neil

Reply to
Neil Jones

Or even

Neil Jones

Err, a *cubic* metre of concrete is one helluva lot of concrete......

Reply to
Wanderer

Well, yes and no. If the conservatory is 3m by 4m, it would give you less than 100mm thickness.

I managed to lose 4 cubic metres of concrete when I rebuilt my drive last year, and that was just for the edging!

Neil

Reply to
Neil Jones

Then I need helluva lot of concrete x 1.4

mark b

Reply to
Mark B

Reply to
Mark B

Sounds like you were robbed.

Measure the space out in gunny sacks and order that many (+ a few extra) bags of sand and gravel (50/50) and order 1/6 as many hundred-weight bags of cement.

If you need a more cement go and fetch it in the car.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

I don't think so. The edge was 90 linear metres, 200mm wide, with depths ranging from 150mm to more than 350mm in places.

Neil

Reply to
Neil Jones

It gets a lot smaller after you've mixed it, and once you start laying it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

How much does a cubic metre of concrete weigh ?

Nick

Reply to
nick smith

No its not. Its about a fifth of what a good readymix lorry contains from memory.

Or a few days of mixing and shovelling...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A couple of tons I think.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

"nick smith" wrote ... | How much does a cubic metre of concrete weigh ?

We learned further up the thread that one cubic metre of concrete is one helluva lot.

So obviously it's going to weigh 1 helluva weight.

Owain

Reply to
Owain