1 cubic metre ?

how many litres are in 1 cubic metre... 10,000 or 1,000 ?

thanks LJ

Reply to
in2minds

My program says 1000

Reply to
Bob Eager

100 x 100 x 100 = 1,000,000 millilitres in a cubic metre 10 x 10 x 10 = 1,000 millilitres in a litre 1,000,000 / 1,000 = 1,000 litres in a cubic metre
Reply to
Rob Morley

1 liter of water = 1 kg 1 cubic meter of water = 1 metric tonne Baz 5 eggs
Reply to
pjdesign

Letsee' one Litre = I Kg of water (skip the bit about temp and pressure) One cubic metre (of Water) = I Tonne = 1,000 Kg = 1, 000 Litres.

HTH,

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Err... litres? Lesee. There's 12 pennies in a shilling...

Reply to
Mike Barnard

Is that about 2/11d then?

Reply to
IMM

Nearly 9 groats..

Reply to
Bob Eager

Four in a groat.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

... the chips were better in those days too, and get the bus home and still have change from two and sixpence.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Three in a 'joey'

Don.

Reply to
Don Spumey

Don't forget National Service, where you could get payed, clothed & fed..........see the world and still get a decent Military funeral ;-)

Don.

Reply to
Don Spumey

Google is your friend in an unexpected way:

case you have not tried the calculator capability it is very powerful, in that it can perform all sorts of conversions on the fly.

Even quite esoteric stuff, e.g. search for:

25 angstroms per century in furlongs per fortnight
Reply to
John Rumm

Goats? How many goats in a cubic metre?

Reply to
Graeme

"Mary Fisher" wrote in news:417041bf$0$2650 $ snipped-for-privacy@master.news.zetnet.net:

I thought that was three men

mike

Reply to
mike ring

"Don Spumey" wrote in news:rBmcnZ7BzP2Iw- snipped-for-privacy@karoo.co.uk:

20 shillings a week! 21 shillings on the fourth week which they took off you for barrack damages!!

mike

Reply to
mike ring

100 what? Centimetres. 1cc = 1ml. You know that a 1,000cc car is the same as a 1 litre car. Cc = cubic centimetre. Centi = 1/100th.

Why make it complicated? The prefix milli- means 1/1,000th. A millilitre is a thousandth of a litre. It doesn't matter what shape it is!

Reply to
Richard Porter

You forgot Montmorency.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

My daughter has two in her yard.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

If you're talking of the 1835 Britannia Groat, which is a 1.9g 16mm dia coin, then assuming a density of 12, and a close-packed (rather than squashed into a lump), for an average density of around 8, then I'd say around 4 million.

Reply to
Ian Stirling