Subject Author Posted Replies

Re-working elderly plastic basin drain
I can well bet this question has been asked several times before but the problem is finding the right words for a search. I've had to replace the basin in my shower room. It came to me second hand 30...
3
3

Google seem to be delighted we are leaving the EU?
. Your service provider and data controller is now Google LLC: Because the UK is leaving the EU, we've updated our Terms so that a United States-based company, Google LLC, is now your service provider...
54
54

Recommended LED supplier
Which company is the group recommended UK LED supplier these days I used to use LED Hut but remember seeing on this group that maybe they have new owners and now the service and delivery times are not...
8
8

Replace wireless doorbell with a wired one
Any views or advice on this, please: We have a wireless doorbell: bells (2) plugged into the mains, and the bellpush fixed to the outside of our porch. I'm now finally fed up of the bellpush failing...
40
40

G9 Lampholder
One of these has burned out. Any ideas as to how to remove and replace? ?dl=0It is a G9 holder in a 5 branch fitting. Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos...
3
3

Motion detecting lamp fittings for indoors
I thought I'd seen this sort of thing at Screwfix or Toolstation but I can't see anything like it now. There's lots of PIR detectors and outside lantern type fittings with PIR but nothing in the...
20
20

B&Q Glitter Paint
I used some of their paint which comes with a sachet of glitter powder. I was impressed - the effect is subtle. I hope to use it again.
4
4

OT: "Mixed up the brake and accelerator"?!?
I can understand that, 1st and reverse are close together on a manual, and you can forget which you've already put it in if distracted. And in an auto, they're the wrong way round - forward gear is...
128
128

Problems with 12V and 5V lines on a PC ATX supply
Why do (cheap? expensive ones may be better) PC ATX power supplies need current drawn from the 5V line to make the 12V line work correctly? I have a PC with 3 graphics cards running scientific...
20
20

OT
BBC TV is the pits. They spend a phenomenal amount of time advertising themselves, still it saves money on making programmes I guess. Also the news seems to be dominated by the glamorization of the...
4
4

Further to the gate
Me and the dog felt like a walk, so off we toddled. We went through the back gate, around a field, and back the way we?d come. When I got home I put the kettle on and as I did so it occurred to me...
16
16

Ebay listing checker
I know some people here like spotting the ebay fakes... I don't know if this tool learns from submitted searches Jane Donaldson of Police Scotland and Vistalworks CEO, Vicky Brock, launch innovative...
9
9

London to Sidmouth OT
Now well retired and having to face driving from North West London to Sidmouth in South Devon, during a weekday mid morning. Google maps tell me: using M4: its 203 miles and takes 3hr 52 m using...
35
35

Capping Raditor Tails
Hi, Have a badly sludged up radiator, want to take it outside for a good flsuhing. Knowing that the filthy black water/sludge produces imovable stains on anything it comes in contact with has any one...
19
19

LED Downlighters (Hello again, after many years)
Memory lane ... I first posted here before uk.d-i-y existed, when it was just a topic in uk.misc And then posted regularly on the newsgroup for several years as I was doing up my medieval farmhouse in...
24
24