OT Hisense and TCL tv

Hi all

Anyone any experience of Hisense or HCL TVs? I went to Costco this morning to get an LG TV and saw QLED versions of both the above on display. The picture looked great and seemed cheaper too. Not heard of either so was wondering if anyone else has?

Thanks

Lee

Reply to
Lee Nowell

This chap on youtube reviews TVs (I think he aims for highish quality sets not cheapo stuff) has a few videos on each of them

Andy Burns

I bought a 55" TCL QLED TV recently, its made in China and is very nice, with excellent Dolby sound.

Reply to
jon

A TV with excellent internal sound? That will be a first... ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

The speakers are angled to project the sound off the wall at the back of the TV.

Reply to
jon

Same as pretty well all modern TVs.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

They're cheap Chinese TVs. That's not necessarily bad, but you may find the smart TV software less good than LG, Sony, etc. They probably all use similar panels for models in the <£500 bracket. I don't know if the fancier brands have better/more reliable internal components.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Apart from possible widening the 'sound image' a bit, how is this supposed to help? Also what happens if the TV is positioned against a non-reflective surface, or if one side is in front of a space and the other side in front of a wall?

It seems like a way to make the sound very odd in some cases!

Reply to
Chris Green

I like the Dolby Atmos anyway, no need to use the optical output.

Reply to
Smolley

I was very impressed with the performance of TCL tv's when I was in China, very surprised at the picture quality.

Reply to
Smolley

But it saves having the front 'cluttered up' with loudspeakers, so that it can just be the picture. Style over performance.

Reply to
charles

Are you really getting Dolby Atmos though?

Adrian Caspersz

The caveat I'd give is does the smart bits offer proper updated apps? Some cheaper tellies suddenly become obsolete for one service or another when the vendor of the service updates the system the service uses.Most big makers of kit get an updated app pushed for around three years or so, but since those with weird names ar just badge engineered jobs, their original supplier may not actually offer that. Its a suck it and see one. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Yes the problem is there is not much room for speakers in a slim tv of course! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Ah, yes, that does make some sense.

Reply to
Chris Green

Quite. Never did understand why people pay a fortune for a TV - then have to add a sound bar to get half decent sound.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I cannot stand tv audio through the internal speakers, very coloured and lacking in bass to my ears, almost brash. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Of course not. That required speakers behind you.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

They try to do it with phase. Nothing really new except they are doing what Aambisonics used to do in an analogue system digitally so they can have each sound as an object or so they claim!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

And on the ceiling ...