Subject Author Posted Replies

What does DHL mean: "We're sorry but we do not appear to have received your consignment from the sender" message (2023 Update)
Cut and paste *We're sorry but we do not appear to have received your consignment from the sender.* If there's no-one at home to sign for the parcel, the driver will try and deliver to your neighbour....
13
13

Extending a single gang box
I currently have a shallow depth single gang box. If possible, I'd like to avoid the mess of knocking a hole in the wall to extend this to make it into a twin (rather than double) gang box. So what...
12
12

May be OT Threads
How does a thread disappear, and can they be recovered.
6
6

replacing electric cooker
I want to replace our cooker with a separate hob in the current cooker position and place a double oven on the opposite side of the kitchen. This will mean the current cooker switch will power the hob...
7
7

1.5V batteries - AA - when are they "done"?
I've had two instances recently, the first a wireless thermostat and now this wireless keyboard - when the device started behaving strangely. In both cases I removed and checked the pair of AA...
19
19

Re: YOU DO NOT QUARANTINE HEALTHY PEOPLE
Oh dear the point is that you do not know people are healthy until you quarantine them that's why you do it tim
7
7

Sitrep B&Q
To B&Q Ashford this a.m. (the Canterbury one is not re-opened yet). Qeueu took 30 mins to get through, a bit less than Chummy at the car park entrance warned us of. Generally, poor selection of stuff....
2
2

So the washing machine is going upstairs
I believed I could fettle it but the guy at Wren was right. fair play :) I *cannot* get a dishwasher, washing machine and sink onto the far wall of our L shaped Kitchen. It was always going to be...
13
13

Pulse oximetry and COVID-19 pneumonia.
It seems that monitoring your blood oxygen concentration is an excellent way of determining if you need urgent medical intervention, even when your symptoms are otherwise mild. Simple finger-clamp...
58
58

ON topic!!! What to do with this bit of wood?
I sawed a small plank from a piece of (I think) cherry. It's 20" long and 6" wide at its widest. Apart from sticking it in a log burner or up an orifice, what would you suggest I do with this little...
22
22

One for Bill? TV Coax splitter
Currently the loft has a 1 in /2 out splitter with coax connections for freeview TVs. I now have inherited two additional TVs which I would like to connect up to the aerial. I would like to replace...
62
62

Sony tuners.
I have a sound system at home which goes to every room. Bit like a hotel one. 4 radio services. Was installed many years ago - long before Alexa and similar. But as decent quality as the amps and...
16
16

Worktop joins, colorfill *and* PVA?
Worktops were ordered with the mitres already done, they've been supplied with a tube of colorfill which apparently sets as hard as the laminate itself*. I'm wondering whether to PVA the edges of the...
3
3

UV-C Sterilising Wands
On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 14:02:33 +0100, Custos Custodum wrote: Well UVC is really good for causing very severe eye irritation (Often described as like having you eye filled with sand). It also causes skin...
46
46

[OT] Now here's a thing...
It has been around for some years. A quick Google produced a report in the press of someone who'd had it done in the same place as me in 2011. The report listed several UK hospitals offering the the...
7
7