HP 350 G2 Laptop.

Have one of these laptops. One thing about it drives me crazy.

It has a conventional keyboard. When typing a number I always use the number pad. Now it does boot up with number lock on, but somewhere in use it gets switched off. No warning LED, as some others have. And when number lock is off, you can end up inadvertently deleting text etc depending on what key you press, intending typing a number.

I've Googled to find out how to lock number lock. Plenty about setting it at boot, but nothing about keeping it that way.

It's possible I'm hitting the num lock key by mistake, but don't have this problem with any other keyboard I've used.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

If you turn on "toggle keys" under settings/ease of access/interaction/keyboard, it'll beep at you whenever you press one of the lock keys

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks. I'll try that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

It does now beep. But seems odd - not happening instantly. Perhaps that key on the board is iffy. I've already replaced the keyboard once.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

is there not an icon on the bottom right of the screen?

Reply to
charles

Not a huge delay here, 1 or 200ms maybe?

I've known older HP laptops to have "oddball" USB filter drivers to handle the Fn+FKEY combinations.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Googling "windows 10 num lock on startup" found this

Surprising Microsoft make folks do registry changes for this, but then again what sane defaults have Microsoft ever got correct?

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Hmmm, reads OP post/. Erm, ignore this.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Does this help?

Reply to
GB

It does boot in number lock. But somewhere down the line in use changes. Of course it could be finger trouble on my part. But odd only on that keyboard.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News