collar bone

Sorry about not posting for a while, but I've literally been in a sling. Around the first of the year, I took a header down the stairs here at home and did a number on my shoulder and collar bone. It was just a few days before we went on a 3-week cruise, to boot. I made it on the cruise, but typing and lifting anything over 3# are off limits for the time being. I'll be back posting in a few weeks if the bones heal OK, but until then I'll just be a lurker.

Reply to
Nonny

SonomaProducts.com

On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 15:37:00 -0800 (PST), the infamous "SonomaProducts.com" scrawled the following:

Bwahahahahahaha! I love it.

Condolences, Nonny. Happy Healing!

P.S: Why did you take the header?

-- Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. -- George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Is this yet another silly urban myth? My first wife broke her collarbone when she totalled my car, didn't even register for quite some time. It certainly didn't slow her down or stop her from using the arm until she was ordered to wear it in a sling.

-P.

Reply to
Peter Huebner

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Because he missed the footer?

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Yeh, I see what you're saying. Alas, I was mostly replying to the 'break=20 both his collar bones, slap him and walk away scenario.

Picture this: It is commonly thought that kicking a guy in the balls=20 will totally and utterly incapacitate him, right?

Friend of mine was working in a home for very tough adolescent girls.=20 One of them kicked him in the balls. It didn't stop him from lashing=20 out, and giving her a knuckle sandwich that knocked all her front teeth=20 out. (b.t.w. he never got any heat over that)(same girl tried to brain me=20 with a 1 pound brass replica pistol lighter; narrowly missing my head=20 from 10 feet away, I was working in the same place for 3 months).

So what I'm saying, a guy on an adrenalin high, stalking a woman with=20 no-good on his mind, won't even notice that broken collar bone until=20 several hours after he's beaten the crap out of her ...

anyway .... best, -P.

Reply to
Peter Huebner

Your buddy's balls didn't incapacitate his arms. A broken collar bone affects the use of the arm. IOW, you have to be able to lift your arm to beat the crap out of somebody... just a hunch, mind you.

Reply to
Robatoy

Man, my gut twisted when I read about the accident. Three and a half years ago I slipped on the wet deck steps, cleared three of them and clipped the bottom one and the concrete. I crushed T8 vertebra. It didn't give me much trouble until last year and worsened until I had to have a spinal cord stimulator inserted, now using narcotic patches and can't work. You did indeed dodge a bigger bullet than you realize. It's like that anytime we get hurt - it could have been worse. Glad that for the most part you are OK.

Reply to
C & E