Oops! Clumsy eating :-(

How does one get Turmeric stains from a tablecloth (After an excellent Indian Meal from the Taj Mahal here in Chippenham)?

Reply to
gareth evans

Dab with household ammonia. It will turn red and will wash out in a normal machine wash. Assumes that the tablecloth is one that can be washed.

Worked for me.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Really? I've never ever been able to remove turmeric

I will try that. Ammonia hard to find these days

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sunlight. Strong sun bleaches it in a few days.

Absent strong sun, try a UV lamp?

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

sook it off ....

Reply to
Jimmy Stewart ...

Hi Jim!

How're you and Geraldine coping in the snow and the covid?!

Reply to
gareth evans

just started snowing big time this evening....we are fine....I get my jag next Saturday....

Jimmy Stewart ...

Jimmy Stewart ...

+1

and: faster than that IME -- an hour or two to "almost gone".

I'll use this opportunity to inject the following site into the thread:

"The staining capability of turmeric, particularly in the fresh state, may seem a nuisance to every­body who must clean cooking tools ? cutting boards are particularly hard to clean with brush and soap alone. The dye is, however, not light-proof and fades away after but one hour in direct sunlight."

Plenty about spices on that page. YHBW.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

That is utter bollocks. Ive still got turmeric stains in the kitchen

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher