Subject Author Posted Replies

Storing food in tins
In the old days we used to keep opened tins in the fridge. I think you could even buy a plastic lid to fit on the tin. Now we are told to transfer the contents to another container. Has the...
62
62

ot strange
wummin pulled over into the car park outside and she was given a ticket of some kind...just checked and the car is insured taxed and mot....why is she phoning for help and not driving away ? ...no...
22
22

OT Bluetooth headphones which limit wind noise
Hi all With the current working from home, I am looking for some Bluetooth headphones so that I can take calls outside. The current wired ones I have work fine except that the mic picks up a lot of...
8
8

Cutting a Disc-drive disc
I have a nice shiny disc, extracted from an old HDD, that I want to cut up and re-purpose. It is aluminium (I've already drilled it, so that is confirmed), but I want to cut a couple of straight...
17
17

Nothing changes
I am old enough to remember sweets coming off ration post WW2. there was a mad rush all the sweet shelves were stripped in hours. so the sweets were put back on ration for a short time, then when they...
8
8

Fitting 10mm to a switch fuse that wants 16mm minimum
Came to wire up the switch fuse for the submain today, and found that it wants 16mm minimum. Somehow when I read this originally I assumed it meant the supply tails, when it's clearly for the load as...
2
2

OT: Eastcliff fall- that bungalow is hanging on well !
A car and garage slide down a cliff face in Kent as a further landfall leaves homes at risk.

Re: Walnut
Both and have just let me put 5 x 2.5litres in my basket Owain
12
12

Aldi shopping system
Not sure where it originated, but google aldi biscuits creosote (it has also been attributed to Lidl) Owain
19
19

what is this?
?dl=0 Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again! Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your...
21
21

Fridge freezer power switch
Hi, I have a switch in my kitchen which has a red light on it. This is the power switch for my fridge freezer. I noticed the red light on switch is slightly flickering. Tried to google and all I could...
20
20

Floyde.... OT
I remember being strangled in central Glasgow in 1994 and I couldn't speak to tell the bloke I couldn't breath so I acted dead and he eventally stopped...so...how did Floyde tell the polis he couldn't...
8
8

Ivy and brickwork
After it growing for over 25 years I took down the ivy that had covered the side wall of the garage. I am left with grey marks from where the ivy's tentrills had stuck to the brick. The bricks are...
10
10

Solar-powered pump for a "water feature"
SWMBO has asked me to fix-up, and get working, an old wall-mounted water feature - a cast iron lion; water is supposed to come out of its mouth and land in a bowl. First observations are: it needs to...
10
10

BMW 7 rear suspension problem
After sitting unmoved for the past 3 months the rear air suspension gave up the ghost. My nearer dealer is about 10 miles away and it's booked in for next Wed. I'm just worried would I do it harm...
7
7