OT: One small good thing about using Amazon

<q>

This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification. Your chosen charity, Combat Stress, recently received a quarterly donation of £12,192.01 from AmazonSmile, thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.co.uk or with AmazonSmile turned ON in the app.

To date, Amazon has donated a total of:

- £73,221.47 to Combat Stress

- £5,721,914.99 to UK charities

Thank you for supporting Combat Stress at no extra cost to you, by shopping at AmazonSmile. </q>

YMMV

Reply to
Richard

Yep. I donate to a small local charity through Smile.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Good to know Amazon has such social resposibilities. Apart from paying tax in the country it makes profits in, of course.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

One day you'll fall off that high horse and do yourself an injury.

Reply to
Richard
<snip>

Lets hope it's not whist riding over the bridge you live under, troll.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

How did you get that, I never see my smile donation for years. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

It really says it all when some think it's perfectly OK to make a fortune out of sales to a country, but not contribute towards its running costs. Meaning the rest of us who do have to pay that much more.

But then even kindergarten economics are beyond the grasp of the likes of Richard.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I am not at all happy that multinationals don't pay their taxes. Your response was directed at Amazon, who in their own pathetic (but not as pathetic as you) way contribute something.

Reply to
Richard

Reply to
Richard

Reply to
Richard

There isn't a paylocaltaxesincountriesyouoperatein.amazon.co.uk site.

There is a smile.amazon.co.uk site. So I use it.

Reply to
Graham Nye

:)

Reply to