Subject Author Posted Replies

Acid Strength
Hi, Go to a builders' suppliers or a plumbers' merchants and you can buy concentrated sulphuric and concentrated hydrochloric acid. Sulphuric is concidered concentrated at 98% or more; hydrochloric at...
32
32

Re: O.T ....Out today ....
gosh it has been hard staying in....tee hee === So, where will you go now you are released? :))
10
10

Why cn't card shops open?
At least that is what I have been told. It is incomprehensible, as cards are sold in supermarkets and a few other "multiple" sales shops.
33
33

Cutting Glass
I need to cut some glass 4.5mm (a mirror), do I need to score both sides or just one side. Can I use washing up liquid for lubricant instead of oil ?
40
40

Painting inside my stone shed
The same shed I am fixing up. Stone and rubble walls, pretty rough. I thought I would paint the insides white. Obv there is plenty of damp coming up from the ground. Someone told me that if you don't...
11
11

Any keen gardeners around?
Our rather large lawn is partially under large trees (over the fence unfortunately) and therefore tends to have a lot of moss growing over the winter. Also the soil there is not of very good quality....
14
14

Single Lever Pull Out Spray Kitchen Sink Mixer Tap
Just wondering about any known issues with this type of Kitchen tap? We have just recently fitted one and also recently have noticed an off taste to the water. Correllation is not causation, I know,...
6
6

Re: ASCII Art
Yeah I remember I got a severe bollocking one year when I printed off a few huindred pages of what I thought was some very original "Christmas Wrapping paper".
7
7

Error of % + digits?
I just bought an amp clamp meter, and it states the error is "+/- 1.9% + 3 digits". What does the "3 digits" part mean?
65
65

'Garage' (but it isn't) consumer unit, does it reqire a main switch?
We have a small brick built tack-room and two loose boxes which have mains power fed to them from a 20 Amp RCBO in the garage consumer unit. The feed comes into (another) small CU on the wall in the...
2
2

What the builders left behind.....
Hi all, We found these things lying around after the builders left and were wondering what they're for and what they are. Does anyone recognize them? They're just under 6" long and made from some...
40
40

How to make a hearth for a woodburner in the shed?
A small stone outbuilding I am fixing up to be reasonably warm and dry as a workshop / office / store. The floor is concrete poured onto a polythene sheet onto the earth floor. I am going to fix 2x1...
27
27

OT: seeding the clouds
I know it is possible to encourage precipitation by seeding the clouds with substances like sodium iodide or potassium iodide, from an aircraft. A friend and I were discussing whether the Australians...
17
17

Inhibitor for a combi
Never had a combi, but parents house has a Baxi 100HE Thinking it would be a good idea to flush, run a system cleaner, then install inhibitor. I have bottles of those for free. How do you install...
7
7

Door 'closer' to prevent door banging
What sort of door 'closer' do I need to prevent a back door banging closed? It's just a plain[ish] solid wooden door that closes with a bang and a rattle if you close it at all carelessly....
14
14