Ed China is back

The Natural Philosopher

When he left WheelerDealers, I was a bit disinterested in finding out how his successor Ant Anstead would continue in the show - and decided to drop that from my viewing (not that it matters much, the show is on a pay platform these days).

I've started catching up with the free teaser shows on the streaming discoveryplus app - and it's still a good show with equivalent technical bits. So no death of the show there, though Ant now lives in the US - a new Marc "Elvis" Priestley is taking over.

This was recently posted up on youtube.

Mike Brewer on why Edd China left Wheeler Dealers

Adrian Caspersz

Ed china left because they wanted to dumb down this role and reduce it.,

I watched about a minute of 'Ant' and decided he was a boring wooftah.

Brewer was always superfluous

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It was my impression that the Ant Anstey editions of WD were all filmed in California anyway.

Ant, according to reports, is well-embedded within the semi-reality TV world and as Cousin Pearl once advised Jed, for that, "California is the place you oughta be".

He is now connected with that other genre of buying detached houses all made of ticky-tacky and "flipping" them.

Reply to
JNugent

Ant was already a TV performer. His mechanical credentials can't be anything like Edd's.

Reply to
JNugent